17

Crystal's POV

I had told Chris to accompany me until we were four houses down mine, because I couldn't risk my dad seeing him. I told him that my father didn't take quite a liking at me for having a male friend and he seemed to understand that lie cause he asked no questions after that. As I stand in front of the gate I see his care. I immediately cringe at the thought of being home alone with him.

He is hardly at home during the day so today I'm kinda freaked out. I sigh knowing I have to get in there soon enough. I take slow steps towards the door just passing time, but those slow steps got me to the door quicker than they were supposed to. It's like they wanted me to go inside and see what my father had in store for me today. I open the door and the sight I see makes me wanna just turn around and go back to the park.

This house was a total mess, I was only gone for 3 hours and this is what I come back to. There were broken beer bottles, brandy bottles, broken glasses on the floor and brandy spilt on the floor. What used to be a TV is now slammed on the floor with a cracked screen, the coffee table missing two legs, the couch cushions missing their fluff, it was just a mess and I think that's an understatement. I started cleaning up the house.

After about an hour, the house was spotless and clean. I took the TV to the attic and got one from the guestrooms to place it in the living room. I then went to my room and lied down for a little bit. As I was starting to doze off I felt a light knock on my door. I got up confused and as to who it might be. I opened the door I was quite shocked. In front of me was my dad, I was confused because he is never one to knock but he just bangs the door open, secondly he looked sober, too sober, leaving nothing to the imagination.

"Crystal." He said softly, my good lord he also sounded sober. Looking at him really confused. "Sir". I said not wanting to risk by calling him dad. He looked angry for a minute but as soon as it came it was gone. "Crystal listen baby, daddy loves you alright, he does, but he has some problems he's dealing with at work, he doesn't mean to cause you all this pain okay?" he said that looking so sincere and honest, I had tears filling my eyes. I wanted to believe him but I had to leave a huge place for dissapointment because there definitely will be some dissapointments. I only nodded not wanting to speak.

A few minutes later I just heard him burst into laughter. I looked at him with tear filled eyes. "You should have seen your face, (laughs) you were believing every word I said, it took me so hard not to laugh at you. You are not only useless but you are stupid too." With that said he walked away from me laughing, leaving me crying wondering when will I find peace.