23

CRYSTAL'S POV

I looked at the sink and felt my body relax. It feels like a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders, but then reality soon hit me as a strong pain shoots up my arm. I hissed at the stinging sensation and tears filled my eyes. Did I really think I could handle this... It is painful yet too satisfying. I'd do this again because it brings me peace.

Still lost in my thoughts, the door slams against the wall causing a loud bang to erupted in the bathroom. Jumping from the shock I accidentally cut deep into my arm, cutting a little into a vein and the razor getting stuck in between my skin. "No, what the hell are you thinking Crystal?" I look down not knowing how to look at him or explain what is happening. He sighs and grabs my arm. "Let's get this cleaned up." He says softly. I nod and follow his lead.

He finished quite quickly and applied a band aid on each cut except the deep one. "You need to get this stiched up, I'll take you to the hospital... Let's go." Christian was too calm for my liking, but without arguing I followed him into his car. My father wasn't here so it was easy for him to get in. The 10 minute ride to the hospital felt like it was 2 days long, the atmosphere was tense and awkward. I noticed that every once in a while he'd grab the wheel tightly and clench his jaw, making me gulp.

"I... I'm sorry you had to see that, I wasn't expecting anyone since my father wasn't home and Starr is away for the weekend. I tried controlling it Chris, I really did but... I couldn't stop." I was sobbing and luckily we were parking at the hospital entrance. He turned off the ignition, he ran his hand through his silky smooth hair, looking up he sighs and I see his Adam's apple bob up and down."Let's go in, we'll talk afterwards." He says getting out of the cars. I bat away my tears and get out of the car. I follow ten steps behind him and I'm playing with the hem of my hoodie.

We got in did what we needed to do and left. Chris covered the costs and I made a note in my head to pay him back because this wasn't his fault. We were driving but he wasn't taking me home. We listened to a few songs, love takes time by Mariah Carey, Un-break my heart by Toni braxton and others. I'd occasionally sings a few of them and saw him steal glances at me with a small smile playing on his lips but he'd surpress it. The car finally came to a stop in front of McDonald's. I furrowed my eyebrows but nevertheless followed him out the car. This time walking besides him.

We got a table near a tinted window but it was a booth, not that dark and my kind of style. We only ordered drinks for the time being. Taking a sip I felt his eyes digging deep into my skull. I slowly look up to meet his eyes. "Where do you want me to start?" I ask him with a sigh. Not really ready to talk about this but knowing Christian he won't let me go until I tell him something that he will believe. He looked at me intensely as if trying to search my soul. "How about the beginning?"