9

Crystal's POV

I heard shuffling and beeping noise around wherever I was. I felt two hands hold both my hands. They were too warm for me so I tried removing my hand from them. I felt too weak for my liking so I tried opening my eyes. Few more seconds and they were open. "Crystal." I heard a deep voice say.

I shut my eyes quickly due to the blinding lights around the room, which is an hospital room. Finally adjusting to the light I take a look around me, I see Starr and Christian sitting besides me each holding a hand. I try talking but my throat was to dry and dehydrated. I pointed at the water and see Starr look at the water with understanding.

I quickly gulp down the water and finish the whole glass. "How are you feeling?" Christian asks me. "I-I feel fine just weak." I said shrugging my shoulders. "We were worried about you Crystal." Starr said with tears in her eyes. I looked down because I partly remember what happened, seeing Lewis in that state caused another form of trauma for me.

"Hey Crys do you remember what happened?" Chris asked as if reading my thoughts. I gulp and blink away my tears."I-I remember coming home from school, and... and I found my brother Lewis dead on the couch." I clear my throat and Starr gasped upon hearing that Lewis was dead. Chris just gave my hand a little squeeze. "T-there was a lot of blood around him and he was so motionless, numb, dead." I say breaking into series of sobs.

The two quickly stand up and embrace me in a hug. I hug them back and try to stop the crying. After a while they pull away from me and back to their seats. Playing with my hands I carry on with the story."I decided to clean up after the police came and after that it's all blank."I said whispering the last part out. Starr was a sobbing mess besides me and Christian was just quite and holding my hand.

After her breaking down she finally decided she would talk." Well... I-I found you in the shower, sitting in the corner barely alive, cold water falling on you, you were cold to a point where you were shivering. I called Lewis but he didn't answer and now I know why. I then called Christian and he came immediately and we brought you here." I wipe the tears that had fallen with my hand." Thank you to the both of you, I clearly wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the two of you." I told them wiping my tears.

"You don't have to thank us Crys we did what we had to do." Chris said looking into my tear filled eyes. I was still confused on why he was worried or here when he barely even knew me. I just buried the thought deep inside my head. We talked around a little bit more getting to know each other better with Starr smiling every once in a while.

As we were talking and laughing the door slammed open. Looking towards it I froze. I felt like everything has just disappeared and it was the both us in the room. He stood there with a evil smirk on his lips, he stood at the door with and evil glint in his eyes, he who stood at the door was my father.