20

CRYSTAL'S POV

I couldn't be more grateful then I was that I haven't had a beating in two days. The old bruises had healed and my ribs are better than ever. I was still scared to say the least because I know he won't let me go that easily. Waking up I clean my room, take a shower and get dressed. Taking slow steps down the stairs just passing time. When I set foot in the kitchen I saw him sitting in the island with a cup of coffee and a newspaper in his hands. He wore a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. I should say he looked handsome and sober.

"Wanna tell me why you came home this morning?" He asks looking at me then back at the newspaper. My palms start to sweat. "I...Starr and I went to the movies yesterday and we lost track of time, by the time we got out it was already late, so considering that I didn't have a car, Starr let me sleep over at her place." I say to him looking down and playing with my fingers. He looked at me, more like studied me to see for any lies." Make sure you let me know next time you won't be sleeping at home". He said getting up and exiting the house.

The person I had just talked to wasn't the father I was used too. This one was understanding and nowhere near harsh. I could only wonder how long this act of his is going to last. Sighing I made myself something to eat. I only had one slice of bread and a cup of coffee not really having an appetite. The house was clean and in order so I had nothing to do around the day, I just decided to go watch TV. I scrolled through the Channels and finally settled down on watching Step up 3. I have watched that movie so many time, I know most of the Character's line.

My best scene is the water dance scene, The 2nd World Jam competition. Moose just had to be my favorite throughout the movie. I loved him the first time I saw him in the 2nd step up-the streets. He took my breath away instantly. I would play the water scene over and over again until I learned the choreography. I know that's crazy. My thoughts were interrupted by a car pulling in the driveway and into the garage. He was back. I didn't want his behavior from the morning to cloud my judgment so I laid back deeper into the couch and breathed as quietly as possible.

Minutes later I hear the door open with a bang. "Wheeeere isss the littllle bitchhh". His words slurring, shit he was drunk, NEVER a good sign. I buried myself deeper into the couch if that was even possible. "Crystal!!!" He yelled from the kitchen and the next thing I hear is pots slamming on the floor. My breath hitched. I slowly stood up with my knees feeling weak and my palms sweaty, it felt like I was about to throw up my heart it was beathing on my throat really hard. I was now in the kitchen with him, his back to me. "Hello father". I said to him in a soft voice not really happy about him being in this state. He sharply turned his body towards me. He took painfully slow steps towards me.

He was eyeing me from head to toe and he would lick his lips as he scanned my body. I shifted uncomfortably and tried gulping down my pulse. He now stood in front of me. He lifted his hand and I flinched waiting for the sting to come, instead I felt a warm hand on my cheek, lightly brushing it, and soon he was choking me.