38

CRYSTAL'S POV

I couldn't breath, I couldn't believe she was here, after so many years here she is infront of me. I was sure it is her, I can never forget the face of the woman who birthed me. "Oh my, oh my Asante." I cried right then and there because she was the only one who called me Asante. She got up and pulled me into a hug, all the years she had been absent were thrown in that hug, the tears were for all the years I had been longing for her protection.

"I'm so happy I finally found you." she said holding me tighter. I nodded because I was happy to have her back. I mean, I finally get the love I was longing for. We let go and I wiped my tears and so did she. I saw Christian's mother wiping her own tears. "You must be the Asante she has been on about." Chris's mom said hugging me. This makes me wonder how long she has been here. "I believe you two have a lot to talk about so me and Chris will excuse you." she said letting and pulling Chris outside.

We sat down where we found them. She held my hands and looked at me. "Sorry won't be enough for leaving you and Lewis behind. I had to leave... Richard wasn't the best husband after your bedtime, he was the worst, I tried playing happy family, but I couldn't do it any longer I was tired, he was such a monster and I hated to leave you with because I knew what he was capable of, but I had to, I didn't know I left you until I woke up in a jail cell, after that a rehabilitation center. Your dad planted drugs in my car and had injected me with tons of them in my sleep, which caused me to crash and I was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs. I was given fifteen years in jail but I'm out in parol. I came back about 2 months back and have been staying in a one room flat, I work as a cleaner at the hospital Elizabeth works at, and we became good friends. I'm sorry I had to leave you behind." she was a crying mess and honestly so was I.

Who was the man I had been calling my father for 18 years of my life? "He seriously needs help, he has been nothing but an animal towards me, I mean he used to beat me up every chance he got, I've woken up in the hospital so many times because of him, I've had my ribs broken over and over again because of him, I had to wake up on the floor at 2am and clean my own blood, who does that to his own daughter? I lost a child he planted inside me, because he beat me up senseless, if not me then who? He had his way with me while gloating about how he killed Lewis and I hate that man with everything I have, father or not, I hope he dies a slow, painful death and may his soul burn in hell next to his maker." mom pulled me in a hug and cried, for me, for her and for Lewis.