Ukatake ⸝⸝ Burnouts And Cigars

Ukai noticed the difference in Takeda's mood. Lately he just seemed more exhausted, had a loss of motivation and creativity, constantly looked tired and moody, he got headaches and stressed ever so much easier. Ukai noticed the darkness looming underneath his eyes, seems like the lost a gleaming spark in them. Takeda would sit at his desk in the faculty room, back slouched against an olive green chair as he typed slowly...too slowly- the lack of effort put into what he had been doing recently. It was concerning. Ukai sighed thinking about it, hm...definitely a burnout isn't it? casually flicking his lighter on, bringing the nicotine filled roll closer to his lips. Exhaling , a dark puffy cloud illuminating from the roll. He knew he shouldn't smoke, it worries Takeda. Takeda would snatch his cigarettes away ; well usually. Then hit Ukai on the back, "Hey!! Don't smoke Ukai, it's bad for you." hed say in a concerned tone. Ukai found it cute he cared, the caring attitude was sweet. Sweet unlike the bitter taste from cigars.
"Don't shorten your life span with those!" Takeda would hold a minty blue clip board to his chest.

Ukai thought about it all, I'm in love with that man aren't I? He's probably burnt out - it's gotta be a burnout. Slowly Ukai puffed on the orange and white roll of slow poison. Smoking was the opposite of a slow and longer singed purgatory - the complete opposite of one of its definitions, 'having the quality of cleansing or purifying.' As Ukai sighed, throwing the cigar into the trash after burnin it out he heard the shop doors open ping the sound of the bell at the top. As the doors opened he saw a quite short ish man walk in, as the doors closed a second of the rain out could be heard. It was raining quite hard tonight, hitting against the roof and making smallest of droplet crashes.
The man wore glasses, dark short hair and dark colored eyes it seemed, and in a light green hoodie, a white shirt under, and slightly loose jeans - Takeda was it? He was soaked head to toe and held a purple umbrella to his side. "Takeda?" Ukai mumbled, voice rasped up. "Hm?" Takeda bothered to let out as he simply grabbed a cold brew coffee. Ukai's eyes flickered. "Ah, it's pouring out and I'm about to close up." Ukai said. Takeda mumbled something. "Did you walk here?" The fake blond asked. "Yeah.." Takeda chuckled lowly, "Just wanna buy this..." Takeda said handing over the cold brew coffee. Ukai looked at Takeda...he looked quite bothered - by something. Yet what even was something?

"You don't have to pay." Ukai said - "I'll pay for it, for you. No objections." Ukai gave a small smile rufflin his hair. Takeda felt a slight blush appear on his pale and cold cheeks. "That's not necessary-" "Dont worry Ittetsu." Ukai assured. Takeda blinked at the usage of his first name. "Oh..if you insist then heh." he scratched his neck. Ukai felt soft red pigment spread on his skin- he's cute. "It's pouring out - so should I drive you home?" Ukai offered, slowly getting his black coat beside him. Takeda fumbled, "You sure? I'm sure I'll be-"
"You always say I shouldn't smoke. You care about me- so I don't want you to get a cold. I care about you back." Ukai said , getting his lighter and belongings together. "Ah, right..you have a point!" Takeda said. Ukai silently turned off the lights, Takeda waiting near the doors of the small shop. Slowly Ukai walked towards him, flickin off the last light whilst holding his car keys beside Takeda. The two walking out into the coldness within the air, each breath coming out pale and frosty. Ukai opened the door for Takeda,as Takeda sat in the passengers side with his cold brew. Ukai sat in the drivers seat- he knew where Takeda lived since he's been there sometimes.

As Ukai started the car Takeda stared at the window, rain droplets hitting against the clean and clear yet frigid car window. "You didn't have to do this..." "I insisted." Ukai replied, stating for a flash second at Takeda.
"Aha, I know but it wasn't all necessary-"
"Yet either way I wanted to." Ukai assured. Ukai slowly sighed, he wanted to ask - they were alone in the coldness of a car.
"Are you okay?" Ukai asked. Takeda blinked - "E-eh?" Takeda looked taken aback. Ukai slowly reached for another cigar -
"Hey don't smoke!" Takeda exclaimed.

Ukai's eyes somewhat widened. "I told you not to smoke.." Takeda's eyes flashed with worry. "I won't smoke if you tell me what's going on." Ukai slowly sighed. Takeda stated out - "It's nothing much - just a burnout." Takeda simply said. "What are you stressed about? You could tell me.." Ukai slowly played around with the cap of his lighter flicking it off and on. "Well - nationals and the new team, aha the schools all happy yet , there's a lot of work to it." Takeda simply mumbled. The coach stared to the side, "I knew you were going through a burnout." Ukai held Takeda's cold hand. "How-?!" Takeda squeaked.

"You always looked tired and had a lack of motivation, you know...what if I told you I loved you?" Ukai said , as sober played on the radio. "You - you love me?" Takeda blushed, his tone weak. Ukai focused on the dark road, yet eyes still fixated on Ittetsu. "I love you Ittetsu." he said with the slightest of a stutter. Takeda fumbled, fidgeting with his fingers.. "I- I love you too Keishin." he muttered. Ukai blushed, "I- as in.." Ukai said quietly.
"Yes..I - I was- if you love me, stop smoking then." Takeda pouted for a second. Ukai held Takeda's frigid and pale hand stronger yet not enough to dare hurt him. "Fine...fine I will. I'll stop, for you." Ukai smiled. "Well we're here." Ukai said. Takeda gave a small smile, genuine, blush hitting on his cheeks- darkness in the car made it somewhat impossible to see. "Thank you..Ukai..I love you." Takeda smiled getting his umbrella, slowly walking out into the rain towards is small house. "I'll stop smoking for you.." Ukai flicked his lighter ; not even a spark. He smiled, sighing as his cheeks grew pinkish at the thought.

     I don't know where my mind was for this chapter, yet this ship was a request and here it is

I don't know where my mind was for this chapter, yet this ship was a request and here it is. This chapter is kinda my mind rn, burnt out ig. But I hope y'all enjoyed! Plus new cover for this fic. Lately I've been feeling a bit better. Thank you for all the support. Hope you enjoyed this and love you all. 🤍

1129 words~