Hiruhoshi ⸝⸝ Perfectly Impressive

Hoshiumi was very impressive, and of course had some high standards. Love life was one of them. The short male never managed to pay attention towards love yet as high school came around of course most guys and girls just wanted a boyfriend or girlfriend. Not all yet most, Kamomedai has many couples though. Of course the school athletes didn't have much time to invest in relationships. Afterall training camp, grades, practicing, offers, all that.
Hoshiumi was also sure he'd be teased to hell about his size, often being called 'shortie' as a tease would piss him off to the core.

     Then there was Hirugami, calm and collected, a perfectionist, yet overall he was who he was. And Hirugami has to admit, saying his liked the white haired smaller male was an understatement. Ever since the two started talking Hirugami couldn't help but notice how much he was falling for the shortie.
And he could already tell, Hoshiumi has high standards for anything and everything. His perfectionist side whispered on how roses wouldn't even make the shorter male smile.
It was obvious chocolates would be good but not enough. It was so incredibly obvious that the casual cheesy things were not enough.
Heck, a cafe date was even such a low move.
Let alone walking in the park was just..no.

     Hirugami looked stressed out in the locker room, he wanted- no needed to confess.
Suwa watched as his teammate looked stressed out again. "What's on your mind Hirugami?" He asked, his shirt mid way off his body.
"Hm...I..like Korai." Hirugami said, he was sure most of the team knew anyways.
Well he thought it was obvious.
"What-" Suwa choked, as he now put on his regular clothes.
"I meant, sorry I'm not judging you. Just..I don't know. I wasn't expecting Korai out of everyone. Then again you all heavily close." Suwa said. Hirugami sighed.
"How do I impress him?" he asked calmly, as he pushed some of his brown locks a bit.
Suwa went quiet, the captain was now thinking.
      "I don't know..Korai is not really the romantic type. I wouldn't know his ideal date or confession. But he definitely isn't into red roses and chocolate boxes." Suwa said plainly.
"I know, so what do I do that's equally as impressive yet romantic?" Hirugami asked.
Suwa paused, "What does Korai like?" he asked. Hirugami paused.
"The beach?" he said.
      Suwa crossed his arms, "You're seriously gonna do a beach date in the middle of fall?"
"I mean, unique and all but..then again unoriginal." Suwa shrugged. Hirugami looked off, "I don't know then!" he said.
"Hm...bonfire?" Suwa suggested.
"Maybe?" Hirugami thought about it..a bonfire would be full of some action..right? No...I don't know...maybe a date where we just play beach volleyball, maybe then we could..no no no! Roller skating? Maybe..
Or even ice skating...ugh.

     "COME ON HIRUGAMI!" Korai said, he was impatient from waiting for Hirugami. Hoshiumi crossed his arms giving a face of which displayed pure impatience. "I'm coming." Hirugami chuckled, but then again he thought he should atleast ask, just seeing Korai with his arms crossed made Hirugami blush.
      Getting out of the gym the two decided to walk side by side, as usual. The autumn air was rather cold, yet both were in warm jackets. Korai was ranting about something to do with his classmate getting a date and going out on some stupid date at the park. He seemed so unimpressed. "Eh, honestly people should be more impressive. Honestly, just a hella soft move!"
Hirugami chuckled. Korai narrowed his eyes.
"You seem bothered." Korai pointed out shamelessly.
      "Erm..I do?" Hirugami rubbed his neck.
"Don't tell me you're letting your perfectionism get to you?" Korai clicked his tongue.
"You know, you could tell me about it." Hoshiumi always said that after mentioning Hirugami's perfectionism.
Hirugami felt his mouth go dry. What to say..?
"..." the shorter male could tell the taller male felt..tensed? It was all so obvious in the eyes.
"Hey? What's wrong goddamnit?" Korai waved his hand around closely to Hirugami's face.

"I...was wondering...if you wanted to..go out?"
Hirugami tried to say it perfectly, and smoothly.
Hoshiumi blinked, the blush spreading across his face. "Huh?" Hoshiumi blinked.
"Eh? Wha...so that's why you were tensed up huh?" Korai had his hands on his hips.
Hirugami was taken aback. "What?"
"You wanted to impress me, right?" Korai clicked his tongue yet again.
"..." Hirugami went quiet.
"You know..I heard everything. In the locker room." Hoshiumi admitted, his face was starting to look like those unimpressive roses.
      Hirugami felt his life ending, why why why?! I don't even..so many mistakes..missed opportunities..so much...this was supposed to be planned right? "You gotta stop. How many times to I have to say, nobody's perfect? So stop trying to be." Hirugami paused, how to feel?

      "L-Listen here!" Hoshiumi tried to hide the adorable blushing creeping up on his cheeks.
"You gotta stop being such an uptight idiot! Nobody's perfect. Your brothers made mistakes too, and you can still be like him one way or another. Stop getting like this. Not everything has to be perfect. And..I..like you too!" Korai said. "...You like me?"
"Yeah?!" Korai said huffing.
Before Korai could say anything, Sachiro places a kiss on Korai's lips. Slowly, he wraps his arms around Korai. Korai kisses back, at this moment he was glad they were kissing in a heavily vacant street at around 6 PM. The two kissing sweetly as Hirugami then pulls away.
"That kiss was perfectly impressive..." Korai covers his lips, blushing whilst looking away.
"Hm?" Hirugami decides to pull a slight tease.
     "Shut up! Just come over." Korai shushes the brunette. The rest of the day was full of affectionate cuddling whilst watching shows and movies, and Korai enjoyed nestling away within the taller mans arms. Sharing each other's warmth, as Hirugami let his head bury into Korai's shoulder. Sure, the confession wasn't impressive, yet the fact Hirugami had the guts to confess to Hoshiumi was.

     Sorry if this chapter wasn't as good as the rest! This was requested, so I just found out about this ship really

     Sorry if this chapter wasn't as good as the rest! This was requested, so I just found out about this ship really. I honestly never even knew it existed. This wasn't much fluff- yet I still tried to make this something cute and romantic enough. Hope you enjoyed 🤍

1074 words~