Semishira ⸝⸝ The Black Coffee Boy

Semi worked at a coffee shop, nothing too strange, he just needed some cash. Mainly because he just bought volleyball necessities and he bought his own clothes now. Overall it was to buy what he needed without having to ask someone else to pay;the independence of becoming older.
He was now in college..time sure did fly.
Every Saturday and Sunday he'd work as a cashier and give people their coffee and sweet treats along with the coffee.
And whilst working at the cafe, he learned how someone's coffee choice can usually say a lot about them. He would stare at people's orders sometimes and immediately know where they were coming from.

Today Semi stood around the counter, wiping it down before hearing the bell at the top of the door go off. He immediately stopped after wiping away the last bit of cleaner looking up-
A college kid for sure, he had light brown locks swayed off to the side, equally as brown eyes, he wore a navy blue sweatshirt with white lines running through and ripped up and cuffed dark blue jeans, white converse worn with it, and a puffy white jacket over it all. Semi felt a slight blush spread over his cheeks, cute...

"Hey there, what could I get you?" Semi asked the same question for the 12th time today.
"Black coffee, in other words no cream nor sugar.." he said simply. Semi wasn't expecting that order, he was really expecting an order for a mocha or something way more sweet.
"Alright." Semi said watching as the boy slowly turned on his heels after paying, Semi gestured to Tendou about the order and Tendou simply smiled his casual smile.
Soon enough Semi felt the hot coffee within his hands, of course it wasn't burning his hand off-
Nor was it easy to hold for long either.
He gestured to the black coffee boy-
"Here's your coffee." Semi said.
"Erm..thanks.." the boy then proceeded to slowly sip on the hot beverage.
And throughout his break he watched as the boy sat in a stool, on his laptop, probably studying or writing an essay whilst listening to music. But he watched as of how every sip he took-
He made a soft scowl, as if he didn't enjoy the bitterness of the drink...he probably didn't.
Semi watched as he typed away on what seemed to be an essay, he was very...pretty.
Yet not in a way where you'd call someone a boy pretty and mean it within a mocking like tone. He was..genuinely pretty.
After around an hour he left, Semi watched though as he threw out his coffee-
For some apparent reason. There was probably around 1/8 left and yet it was thrown out. Semi sighed, he was probably just trying it.

As weeks went on Semi would watch him come again and again, weirdly enough every time he ordered his coffee black and bitter. But Semi watched as the guy just...scowled in disgust after each sip. Who orders something they don't like?
Semi just couldn't keep his eyes off of him, the blush that dusted his cheeks every time the light haired boy walked in-
Followed by the confusion in his heart after watching the boy simply just throw out the drink in the end.

One day Semi just had enough, he was dying as of questions. After the pretty boy ordered Semi held the coffee in his hands soon to give into the shorter male's hands. "Can I ask...why do you always order this?"
He watched as the boy let out a 'tch'.
"I just like it like this?" he said in a soft tone.
"Yet...I always see you in disgust after every sip." Semi said. The boy only blushed lightly-
"I just...nothing.." he mumbled the last part before Semi watched him walk off.

After his shift Semi was just closing the cafe doors, and as he was walking he saw the boy yet again. He was in fact just on his phone-
Nothing special. Semi walked up to him.
"Hey.." he said in a friendly tone. The boy looked at him in confusion, before immediately remembering that the guy in front of him was the guy who he'd see every day.
"Uhm..hey?" He said in a very unsure tone.
"About earlier...do you even like black coffee?" semi asked.
The shorter male sighed.
"I d-"
"You don't have to lie." Semi straightened his posture. "Eh..it's nothing. I don't even know you.." Semi watched as a small blush grew on the others cheeks.
"...erm.." Semi scratched his neck. "And still?" Semi said without hesitation. "Just ugh..I like it alright...?" His voice became a bit salty.
"Can I just..get your name?" Semi asked.
"...Shirabu..Kenjiro Shirabu." he paused after a short look of uninterest. "I'm Semi..Eita Semi."

And so the next day went Shirabu walked in Semi just smirked. "A bla-"
"Why not try something different?" Semi suggested. Shirabu looked at him with a 'seriously, stfu' look. Semi looked to the side.
"How about I give you something..? And I'll pay." Semi offered. Shirabu shrugged, "Fine, whatever will help you sleep at night." Shirabu walked off to his regular spot taking out his laptop soon enough getting to work. Semi looked back at Tendou, "A flat white Im guessing..?" Tendou asked. Semi only nodded in response. And as soon as he got the warm beverage within his hands he walked up to Shirabu's little space. "Here." he set down the foamy coffee. Shirabu could already tell looking at it, that it would be sweet. Semi only walked back to his space taking care of other orders.

Shirabu in the other hand took one sip, and instead of a usual bitter flavor, he tasted sweetness. It was good, and he didn't display any soft scowl or anything. Semi watched as it happened chuckling to himself. I knew he'd like it. Even if he doesn't wanna admit it.
Shirabu then had a soft smile form on his lips-
He hated to admit that he preferred this over the bitterness he had been tasting. He hated to admit he had a blush forming on his cheeks as he realized how much Semi was right. Semi just watched, the blush forming on his cheeks, as he felt the warm fuzzy feeling in his heart.
He's so adorable...

     I live for cute shit to do with cafe's

I live for cute shit to do with cafe's. The next chapter will be Matsuhana and believe me only cute and wholesome stuff.
Thank you guys for 500+ reads!
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. 🤍

1110 words~