Chapter 8

Everyone was in their own rooms, too hyped to contain their excitement as Karl began starting the stream and waited for all the people to roll in. All of them talking over each other on the discord call, you could hear how eager they were.

"Alright! Let's get started!"

All of their characters ran around while Karl settled things with his chat. Once he finished, they began to play out their characters in the "Lost City of Mizu".

Obviously, George hadn't forgotten about their deal, and neither had Dream. They were both anticipated to see who would eventually stand at the top as the victor, and make the loser suffer. It may seem like George doesn't have a lot to lose, but he knows how bold Dream can be sometimes, or how ruthless that man is.

Either way, he was determined. The stream played out just fine, and neither of them had made their first move to get them to chant anything. George kept zoning out from roleplaying as he was too focused on the deal. Constantly making flirty remarks to embarrass Dream, but all of them weren't all too phased except for Quackity being annoyed for being a third-wheeler. 

Although, you can guess that the chat was plenty pleased with all the fan-content. They finally walked into a room and Skeppy's face was on the floor, including a red flower in his Minecraft little room. Dream went and broke the flower only for Bad's character to attack him.

"Put that back, you muffin-head!"

George realized what he was trying to do, and started hitting Dream's character to help Bad, but he failed as Dream quickly spoke.

"Why? What's the red flower for, huh?"

Bad's character froze and his voice went silent for a minute until Quackity howled in laughter, Karl and the others chiming in while Sapnap whispered quietly.

"Skephalo confirmed???"

The words struck George's heart like ice and he panicked, quickly going to Karl's stream only to see that chat chant Skephalo and sighed of relief, as long as his friends weren't chanting it, he'd be fine, so then on, he went back to playing the game and tried changing the subject.

"Okay, okay, let's go on-"

Amongst the giggles, he tried speaking, but before he finished, Dream interrupted him, he was far too stubborn to let this go.

"Bad... Didn't you build this with Karl?"

Karl shrieked in laughter.

"Yeah!! He insisted on building his and Skeppy's room conjoined!!!"

Bad kept hitting everyone's characters out of embarrassment and George still continued to change the subject, this time he was getting desperate, and Dream could hear it in his tone.

"Okay- Guys, we're off-track!"

"Skephalo confirmed!"

Ranboo spoke up in his deep voice and the rest of his friends began chanting "Skephalo confirmed", not in unison though, all of them did it in horrible voice cracks while Bad was desperate to stop them.

Skephalo rang in George's ears like the doorbells of death, and his heart felt heavy from failure. Usually, it would have been extremely easy to get DNF mentioned, but Dream was totally ignoring George the whole time.

"Dream! Say something! You were the one who helped me build Skeppy's room!"

Dream only wheezed and laughed like a maniac, while the chat demeaned him, George knew exactly why he was laughing, and he was infuriated. He got up from his desk and removed his headset to storm downstairs into the basement and Dream's room.