Chapter 30

(A/N: This chap is for my Karlnap lovelies, also, how long do you guys think this book's gonna be? >:])

It was quiet. Almost too quiet. The rest of the world seemed to stop spinning only for them, yet the restaurant was still bustling, the waiters still serving, it was just that one table that froze.

George got scared.

Everyone was staring at him in shock, even his three hyper friends were scared because of how still Dream's family was.

"What?"

His dad was the first to speak up, his voice was deep and gruff. George blinked quickly, trying to find anything to say.

"We're... I mean- Clay and I are dating. Like, seriously."

"Is this some kind of joke?"

His mom's spoon rang against the bowl of soup as she dropped it, everyone looked at her. The tone was demanding, and she sounded extremely disappointed.

It was a horribly familiar feeling to George.

He bit his lip harshly, holding back tears.

He didn't want it to go like this.

What happened to be fully supportive?

She looked offended. Quickly, their dad spoke up.

"She uh- She needs a minute."

 He got up, dragging her out with him as George stared from behind, his eye welling up with tears. Dream placed his hand on George's, clutching it tightly as George remained astonished.

The three of their friends were quiet, and Dream's siblings were smart enough to know not to speak right now.

They sat there in still silence, god knows how long they took.

Within five minutes, both his parents came back and seemed to be the exact same. George was terrified out of his mind. The two sat right back down and began eating as nothing happened, everyone stared at them in disbelief. His mom looked up, slightly perplexed by the odd stares.

"What?"

"What? Is that what you say after an outburst?" Dream instantly answered and he sounded angry, "George just- can you please give us some insight? We're all kind of shaken by you."

Suddenly, her face turned, and she blinked hard.

"Oh god- I'm so sorry! Oh-"

She quickly got up and went around the table, George watched carefully as she jogged over, grabbing his head and pulling him into a hug.

"I don't know why I did that- but you shouldn't worry at all, oh- my dear. I'm so sorry about that!"

The British man blinked hard, unable to comprehend anything, but it was good that his head stopped spinning.

"Let me explain myself. Clay's father and I made some silly bet on when you guys would announce you're dating. I just didn't expect it to be so early, that's why! Oh, don't you worry your pretty little head off!"

Everyone sighed in relief, their shoulders dropping and Karl rubbing his temples. Alex seemed to be turning back to normal again, being red from holding his breath before and Sapnap leaned back on his seat.

"Oh- I didn't think I reacted that bad!"

She complained but everyone chuckled, including George who simply hugged her back. She was warm, and her hugs were extremely comforting. He hadn't felt this way before. His dad boomed with laughter, being louder than everyone else in the restaurant yet not a care in the world.