Chapter 41 - Let's Just Stay As Friends, For Now

(A/N: Oh my god, I've been so unhinged from reality (not in a bad way!),,, sorry i forgot about you toots and tits ;-;)

While Quackity went on his drive, George and Dream stayed home, Karl and Sapnap drove in the car, singing at the top of their lungs to whichever song played on the radio. Karl quickly stopped for a moment to catch his breath, barely able to contain his laughter as he looked at Sapnap, the man didn't look like he'd stop singing any time soon. A red crimson color crept on his face, he quickly turned away before Sapnap caught him staring, and went back to paying attention to the road.

He didn't feel like singing again, he felt nauseous, sick to his stomach. This whole 'date' thing was extremely last minute. While Karl was changing out of his pajamas in the bathroom, Sapnap had just knocked on the door and asked him. Was he being serious? Was it a joke? Was it just because he was bored? He didn't want it to be, he wanted Sapnap to be serious, but he knew.

He knew Sapnap was too much of a coward to ask him out, and don't get Karl wrong, he also thinks himself a coward. Both of them were just too stubborn to be genuine with each other.

Why did he even agree to this? He had just woken up, hearing Sapnap go "Wanna go on a date, right now?" minutes after a deep sleep sounded just fine back then. But now, the reality of it all slapped Karl so hard he felt straight.

And the reason Sapnap asked him in the first place because he really wanted one last moment alone with Karl before he and his friends hang out together before Karl leaves.

Sapnap was still rocking hard beside him, screeching at the top of his lungs this time, his voice cracking a few times, but he was perfectly on beat. Despite his voice being slightly unbearable, Karl still enjoyed it. He enjoyed it when Sapnap cheered at the chorus, when he went quiet, eagerly waiting for the beat to drop, how his hand kept brushing against Karl when he waved it around.

He looked happy in his little bubble. Blissfully unaware of anything around him. Stupid adorable idiot.

They finally got to where they were, it was a weird greenery trail, and frankly, it looked abandoned. Karl hated it when Sapnap did this, not only did he ask Karl out from nowhere, but he even made him drive, and put on his own list of songs.

But did Karl complain once? No. No, he did not, and he'd admit that proudly any day.

"You know, you have a peculiar way of asking people on dates."

The music stopped, both of them getting out of the car and Sapnap giggling.

"Yeah? I think it's a part of my charm~"

He sang a little, winking before going and ahead and stepping into the trail, fortunately, he missed Karl's little breakdown from the flirtatious remark. The man behind him fanned himself, feeling hot despite the cool breeze outside. He followed behind, the rest of the world blurring itself as Sapnap slowly made his way deeper into the trail.

They've been walking now for god knows how long. It was just Sapnap rambling about life, the more he mentioned someone else like Quackity or George, the more jealous Karl would get.

Was this not a date?

Who on earth talks about someone else on a date? It's just meant for the two of you, to maybe... you know, get romantically involved. No, maybe Karl's moving too fast, this is Sapnap we're talking about.

Speaking of which, he hadn't made a single move, instead, they were just walking while he picked at the vines and branches growing amongst the trail. Karl wasn't one to get pushy with these kinds of things, but god was he tired of the same thing happening over and over again.