Chapter 59 - New Beginnings

( A/N: IM SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE AHHHH but I wanted this chapter to be the last, HOWEVER, it got too long, soo, next chapter is DEFFO the last chapter :D )

(P.S: A few time skips, though it isn't anything like a whole year [: )

The flight wasn't enjoyable. They had to fight for the tickets earlier on, and now that they were finally here, Dream felt nausea stirring in his stomach, biting his lip harshly as his fingers curled around the armrest, and beads of sweat trickled down.

He never liked flying, and he had to deal with 9 hours of it. Too cocky to complain, he'd bickered with Sapnap earlier on about how he wouldn't get sick, because both of them had motion sickness, and foolishly decided to bet who'd last the longest in the plane without throwing up. 

George made sure to get a separate row from them.

Stubborn as they could be, sitting right next to each other despite the plane being almost completely empty. The Brit made sure to sit behind them, watching to make sure they didn't break out into a childish fight whilst they were on the plane. The embarrassment would be far too much.

So, they both lost. And the brunet was thankful they knocked out as soon as they were done spewing their fluids in paper bags and fell into deep slumber instead, forcing his own nauseating feeling down of finally going to the UK, but with his friends this time. 

How bad could it be? Worst case scenario? His mom... 

Yeah, it's probably as bad as it looks, but he's sure he'll be fine. Hopefully, maybe, probably.

Safe to say, coming to England was the easy part. Now, to introduce him to his family was the worst. (Or what's left of his family).

Settling in his small house, his friends ended up forcing him to sleep in the living room alongside them, Sapnap complaining that he couldn't sleep on a bed so he forced Dream to join him. And Dream who just brought George along for the heck of it. 

And the next day? George was anything but happy. Back aching from sleeping on the floor and having both his friends pile upon him, along with them complaining that he had no food in the fridge.

"Well- excuse me. But I actually thought of emptying my fridge before going to Florida, y'know, so that nothing rots."

He could see regret and panic rise in both of their eyes and learned quickly how they had disregarded doing anything before coming to London blindfolded.

Trying to find his mother's friends was a pain in the ass, but eventually, he got ahold of one of them. Mostly because she was an old friend of his mom's, and George knew her from way back.

He left the house with no warning, just texted Sapnap and Dream how he wouldn't be in the house because he wasn't particularly comfortable with his future meeting his past/

Reluctantly, he showed up at her doorstep and rung the bell, shuffling awkwardly on his feet and holding a slip note of the address written down, anxiety rising to his head.

What if she just outright refuses to speak to me? I haven't talked to her in years.

Rightfully so, she was just as much of an ass to him as his mother was. But the door creaked open, and all the nerves that were bundled up inside subsided quickly, and he put on a quick facade, making sure he wouldn't sob if she spoke to him about his mom.

An old lady's face poked out from the dark endless hallway, grey hair falling below her, strands straying on her face as she looked curiously at who was visiting her. At first, she was scowling, upset that someone had interrupted her morning, but it softened, and a bit too quickly too. Looking at George, her eyes shimmered with guilt.