chapter 8

IT DIDN'T TAKE long for the Romano siblings to reach their humble abode

IT DIDN'T TAKE long for the Romano siblings to reach their humble abode. Well, more than humble, considering they lived in a fancy manor.

Zara was passed out the whole car drive but no one could blame her. The girl had been through so much in the past two days that many people don't even go through once.

They were impressed at her observation skills. The way she knew that the drink was poisoned or the way she knew that they all held weapons. She had saved their lives by not only alerting them but also in safely landing the plane. Without her, they all would have probably crashed.

Tino almost cried when he saw her state. She did not look good with her pale skin, blood and bruises. Dele had assured him that she just needed some rest. And food. A lot of food.

They had thought of stopping at a hospital but decided against it. It was not safe. Dele told them that he would look after her in his clinic. They should focus on getting home.

The whole way Nugget was resting on her shoulder, scrutinizing them all, making sure they didn't harm her. Not that they intended to. They would slit their own throats before harming her. But the hedgehog was still cautious.

Zara was peacefully passed out, her head on Sal's shoulder and her hand being held by Ben. It was a rare sight- their coldest brothers being so soft for someone.

She looked adorable when she slept. She wasn't stressed, or observing everything with her gaze. She was at peace.

Tino definitely did not take pictures of his cute sister. Why would you think that?

When they had found out about mom's pregnancy through their family doctor after their mother had aldready left, they were pleased yet saddened at the same time. They didn't know if it was a girl or a boy, but it was their sibling nonetheless. When their father had started searching for them, he always came up empty handed. It was depressing.

So when they finally got a call about some suspicious activity in some area and had interrogated the idiot who their sister had beat up, they found the biggest lead they ever had.

They immediately volunteered to bring their sister home. And they did. If the manor standing in front of them was any indication.

The brothers had a short fight over who would pick Zara up. Tino looked ready to gauge Ben's eyes out when he insisted but one glare from Sal and they all fell silent.

He gently picked their sister up, feeling accomplished. Nugget had again hid inside her pocket, seemingly trusting Sal enough to let her pick up. He was so fiercly protective of his human. Stars know that if Nugget was a little large, he would've picked Zara up himself. Sadly, the small animal wasn't capable of that.

The rest of the brothers carried her stuff inside with Ben holding her laptop, something most precious to her after Nugget, he had deduced.

They entered the house, Zara still passed out, and were greeted by their father who looked worried out of his mind. He must have aldready gotten the wind of what happened.