chapter 30

a/n: I made the playlist on Spotify.

Name: zaraxmoon

Profile: jasminekc

Link if you have enough patience to type out every individual letter if you are unable to access the playlist some other way: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7FnVCUjjzu18vi0nMP0Y3R

I might add songs if I find some that suit the book

I might add songs if I find some that suit the book. Press shuffle and start. And please, skip songs if they don't fit the room at all. I don't want you twerking to some upbeat song (even though there are not many) when everyone else in the book is crying😭

In specific chapters where a very specific song would suit the environment, I'll attach it. You can listen to that then.

Thank you <3

TW: bullying and homophobia

ZARA WASN'T UNTOUCHABLE.

She wasn't at the top of the world. She didn't rule it, she didn't command it. People didn't quiver in fear after hearing her name. 'Nothing could bother her' was a lie. Her life wasn't wrapped in bubble wrap, secured by decorative paper. It was vulnerable.

She knew danger could surround her at any moment- if it wasn't surrounding her already- thanks to her amazing luck and charm. Hacking for as long as she had, she knew one mistake could destroy it all. Could destroy her whole. She wasn't invincible.

She pitied those who thought they were. Who thought that nothing could harm them. Who assumed their place at the top of the whole world, thinking that the world was merely a snowglobe in their hand they could wreak havoc upon by one simple motion.

They refused to believe that something would always overpower them. That they themselves were in someone's fist. The world was unpredictable, the future as clear as the sky on a rainy day. Even if other humans couldn't topple them, fate would. Even if fate couldn't, death would.

The more untouchable one thought they were- the more they thought they had nothing to lose, the more they actually had to lose. People would try to bring that person down and won't rest until their greedy claws were wrapped around the person's neck, tearing the skin and savouring the crimson. The higher one thinks they are, the steeper will be the fall. Because there definitely would be a fall.