chapter 15

THE PARKING LOT was huge with lines upon lines of expensive cars that kids here bought with their parents' money

The students themselves looked like people right out of magazines with their perfect outfits and the way they carried themseleves, ready to pass orders.

Thats why she hated private schools and this one more than the rest. This school was funded by most of these children's parents and so they had the major say in the way school ran, even if school authorities tried to act like that was not the case.

These kids shaped their parents' desicions so the dress code in this school was pretty linient, along with other things. You could wear whatever you want-its all about competition.

One's watch should be better than the other's and one's shoes should be more expensive than their friend's. The more expensive brand one's wearing, the more is their worth. That would determine your status. Thats how things worked with Stephanie and her friends and the chances of it being different here were not very bright.

Grades didn't matter here even though all these kids kept them up. Popularity and fame mattered here. They were going to inherit their parents' business anyway so what was the point of tiring oneself over grades?

She had done her research.

She glanced at their clothes-boys sporting the newest jackets and spotless shoes. Girls going around in skirts, pants and tops. They all looked beautiful. But these clothes didn't matter. Personality did.

And that was the reason she wasn't bothered or intimadated by their expensive tastes. She was okay wearing a shirt and jeans.

She saw them all staring at Sil's car and a sinking feeling registered itself in her stomach. She hated attention- something she had inherited from her mother.

Her mother always liked to stay in the shadows and observe. She didn't like to flaunt off her beauty or the work she did. And Zara had grown up with that personality.

She had spent countless nights staring at the stars with her mama than attend some big event her mother was invited to. They liked it that way.

So when she felt all these stares at the car she was sitting in, she turned to her brothers,"Don't tell me you are famous here or something." Even though she was pretty sure her guess was accurate.

"Why we are, dear sister." Tino stated with a grin.

Shit.

She exhaled. There was no way she would go in with them. She didn't want to be associated with them. It would build her reputation in a way she wouldn't be able to control. She had to escape.

She threw open the door and started running towards the school. Before she could take more than five steps, she felt an arm wrap around her neck and pull her into a body,"Going somehwere?" An amused voice asked.