chapter 19

RUSHED FOOTSTEPS WERE heard right outside her door before the door burst open and Sal and Leo entered, guns in their hands, shortly followed by the others

"What happened?" Leo questioned in panic and quickly rushed to her fallen form.

She mutely pointed to her bed and tried to sit up but a sudden wave of dizziness washed over her. What the fuck.

They all looked towards her bed and found the doll. Ben let out a yelp and slowly backed out of the door while the rest just stared at it, confused.

Raph walked over to the toy and picked it up,"Its just a doll- oh." He cut off as realisation dawned.

Sal raised a brow,"How did it reach here? Where did it come from?"

There was silence for a moment in which Zara had managed to stand up with the help of Dele and Leo. Sal gave her a concerned look before turning to her brothers, his gaze questioning and holding a warning.

A nervous chuckle rang out and everyone snapped their gaze to the person who let it out. Tino sheepishly rubbed his neck,"She was supposed to find it in the morning."

Sal's gaze hardened. He was furious. Despite Zara mentioning that she hated horror movies and was scared multiple times, he went ahead and pulled this sick joke.

But Zara was even more furious. Before anyone could comprehend anything, she stalked upto him and pulled her arm back, punching his jaw.

Tino groaned in pain and clutched his jaw. It wasn't a strong blow but enough to form a bruise. Sal pulled her back when she raised her arm again,"Calm down, tesoro. We are talking."

"Calm down?" She spat,"This asshole-"

"Zara." Sal spoke in his authoritative tone and she shut up.

He ran a tired hand through his hair,"We are never watching a horror movie again. Tino, for your ridiculous prank, you have to cook lunch for the next week without any help. You are also grounded for that duration. Zara, you have to.."

He trailed off. He had never handed punishment to his sister before, obviously. What should he punish her with? He can't give her any harsh physical punishment like running rounds till one passes out or being chased by others. He would never allow it.

He could not take away her phone in case she needed to contact them. She didn't know how to cook so that was out of question. She didn't leave the house anyway so grounding was not an option. She was his sister so he couldn't be too harsh on her either. He had never been placed in such a position before.

"Wait, why would I get a punishment?" She questioned, halting his thoughts.

"Because you hurt your brother. We never harm family." He explained patiently. It was the first thing they had been taught since they were old enough to understand and speak. It was drilled into their brain.