chapter 13

SHE SLOWLY LET go of Raph and turned around, dreading seeing the boy she knew was standing behind her

SHE SLOWLY LET go of Raph and turned around, dreading seeing the boy she knew was standing behind her. He had heard them.

As expected, Ben stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and his face set in a hard expression, though surprise was still visible in the way his eyes crinkled. This seemed to be a normal reaction of the boys around their sister.

She just stared at him for a minute and he sighed, frustrated,"You are what?" He repeated but it was clear from his tone that he wasn't asking, but rather confirming what he had heard.

"You really shouldn't eavesdrop." She attempted to change the conversation but Ben gave her his don't-even-try-I-am-not-stupid face and Zara desperately wanted to point out that he was wrong. He was stupid.

"Don't change the subject." He glared at her but when he recieved no response, turned to his elder brother,"She is colorblind?" He asked.

Raph looked at her and Zara tried to scream with her eyes to stay quiet but apparently he didn't care what she said or he was just an idiot. Both very plausible.

"She is." He confirmed and both their gazes snapped to her.

Zara bit her lip, something she tended to do when nervous. A flick to her chin made her stop though and she glared at the attacker while rubbing her chin.

"Don't do that. You'll draw blood." Raph frowned but she just rolled her eyes despite knowing how true his words were.

"You really are colorblind?" Ben muttered in disbelief, tuning out their mindless exchange.

Zara sighed and nodded. There was no point in lying. This stupid shopping trip had aldready exposed her. She knew coming here was a bad idea.

Nothing good ever comes out of shopping.

"Thats why most of your things are black?" Ben asked.

Before she could answer, Raph fired another question,"It was another reason you were so hesitant to come today, right?"

She nodded to both their questions,"Black is one color I don't have to question myself after seeing. It is black. Simple. All the other colors make me doubt myself." She looked at Raph,"It is one of the reasons of me hating shopping. In a world full of colors, everything is so dull." She admitted.

They were both silent for a minute, just staring at her with sad eyes. She shook her head, hating the sympathy in their eyes,"Can we go eat? I think we are done for today."

Raph nodded and picked up all the clothes (holy shit was he going to buy them?) before dropping them on the counter. He went back for a few more things and Zara's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. Who needed these many clothes?

At the checkout he just swiped his card and shoved majority of the bags in Ben's hands ("you came, so help") and picked up the rest. Zara offered to pick up some bags but her offer was swiftly declined with a glare.