chapter 11

ZARA WAS THE one to pull away first

ZARA WAS THE one to pull away first. She looked up at her father and smiled, not a sarcastic smile or a taunting one, but a genuine one,"Nice to know I have a papa."

Her father smiled back at her and ruffled her hair,"And I am very delighted to finally meet my daughter." He admitted.

"I have so many questions for you." Zara said,"We'll have to have a meeting, pa."

"Of course," he said and smiled,"but lets eat first, yeah? I have got to know that you love the food here."

"Yes." Zara blew a chef's kiss to one of the maids who was setting up their food,"The food is delish. I'll have to steal a few recipes." She admitted with a smirk and wobbled back to her chair between Dele and Tino.

Her father watched her injured leg with a concerned expression but took his seat as well at the head of the table. Sal sat down besdide him.

"I thought you didn't know how to cook?" Leo asked, amused, remembering the burnt dishes he had found in her apartment.

"I can try." She shrugged.

"You don't need to. You'll always have all the food you need." Her father said with a careless wave of his hand.

"Learning is fun." She defended her intentions.

"Of course it is. And you can try with Leo. He knows how to cook." Sal informed her calmly and Zara shot him a grateful smile.

They all dug into their chicken salad. Zara ate the small portion she had taken and pushed the plate away, full to the brim.

"Thats all you are having?" Leo asked with a raised brow, gathering all the people's attention on the table.

"Yup." Zara responded.

"You need to eat more." He insisted.

"I'll throw up if I do. My body can only have so much food." Zara explained and leaned back in her chair.

"But you need more food. You look like you'll blow away if too strong of a wind blows by." Ben scoffed.

Zara placed her hand on her heart,"Ouch. That hurt. And I'll not blow away. Physics won't allow that." She assured him.

Ben rolled his eyes,"Zara, I am serious."

"Me too." Zara said and leaned across the table for a high five. When she didn't get one, she flicked his forehead.

"Ouch." Ben grumbled as he rubbed the sore spot, glaring at her. She only smiled in return.

"Cara, you need to eat more. But I understand if you can't do it now. You need to increase your diet slowly. Day by day." Dele assured her with a smile.

Zara beamed and interwined her arm with Dele's,"See, this is why you are my favourite. So understanding."

Dele laughed,"You are my favourite sister too." He admitted.