chapter 12

"WE ARE GOING shopping

"WE ARE GOING shopping."

Zara blinked in surprise, her hand which had been tossing a ball pausing momentarily. She lowered her head even further from where she lay on the bed on her back, the world appearing upside down.

Leaning on her open door, with his arms crossed over his chest, was Raph. The door had been closed a minute ago before the pig bursted it open.

It had been a week since she had come to live with her brothers. Tomorrow was her first day at a new private school which, thankfully, didn't have a uniform. It had been difficult convincing Sal to let her go to offline school but she had managed.

What she hadn't been able to manage was convince him to let her go to the good old public school. He had declined without a second's hesitation and had proceeded to threaten her saying that if she didn't shut up, he would not let her go to school at all. She would have to take online classes.

Rude.

And while her dreams of being a bartender while working as an undercover hacker didn't require degrees, she would still like to have a psychology one to her name.

Her lenses were replaced, ankle was healed and the bruising had mostly vanished, save for some faint brown marks. All thanks to Dele making her ice them regularly and forcing her to stay in bed to rest.

The only sign of the fight left was a thin red line on her cheek where the cut had been. According to Dele, it should be completely gone in a couple weeks.

Only time will tell.

Zara blinked and stared at Raph for a second before shaking her head,"No."

"It isn't negotiable."

"Neither is my answer."

She heard the boy let out a frustrated sigh and a small smile slipped on her lips. Pissing people gave her such thrill, it was ridiculous.

But fun nonetheless.

"Why not?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I don't need anything. Offline shopping sucks. And my pockets are empty. You didn't even let me collect my paycheck." She glared at him.

Raph rolled his eyes,"Its dad's orders to take his little princess out for shopping. I thought girls loved shopping. And do you really think we are gonna let you pay? If by some miracle you convince me to let you pay anyway, dad will have my head." Raph retorted, giving an answer to each of her excuses respectively.