chapter 17

"NO WAY

"NO WAY." THE words rang around the room as every guy present stated them, their face holding varying degrees of disbelief and horror.

"I wasn't asking." Zara muttered but she was sure they all heard her.

Dele snorted from beside her,"You don't need a job. Even the thought is ridiculous."

She frowned,"Why is that? I have worked before and I want to continue working."

"That was before you knew about us. You really didn't have a choice then." Sil commented.

"So what? I didn't change just because I met you. I am still the same girl who likes to work and earn her own money. I'll get bored just sitting around in the house." She reasoned.

"You get allowance. I am sure dad went over those details. And if you ever need anything, you just need to speak and it will be before you." Sal spoke up, his eyes holding confusion as to why someone would want to work.

The reason was, she didn't want to get too dependant. Whenever she had in past, that person had left her and she was left stranded again-lost- and each time standing up on her own feet had been harder than before. Both mentally and physically.

She didn't want to depend on someone again. Some part of her still feared that somehow her past would come out or they would find something about her that would disgust them enough to disown her.

She couldn't stop her mind from conjuring up these possibilities and she needed to be prepared for everything.

Her way of handling most issues in her life was running away from them. She could fight but no one came out of a battle unscathed. And stars know she had enough scars already. So she ran. Ran away from those problems. Ignore them and just hope they won't catch up with her.

They did. But she had never known any other way.

She needed to be prepared.

"I know. But I like to work. There is nothing wrong with having a job."

"Our sister is not going to work under someone." Ben stated, finality in his tone.

"Ben-" She was rudely cut off.

"You are the Mafia Princess, farfalla. The most important girl in probably the whole world. Thousands of people have the orders to protect you with their life. We would kill anyone for you without a second thought. Thats how much important you are." Raph stated, a serious expression on his face.

Zara blinked and then her eyes widened slightly. What the fuck. Did she hear him right? Was he serious? This was not okay.

"What the hell?" She muttered and then raised her voice,"You can't order people to protect me with their lives. Its not okay. And you can't kill people for me. Its not okay either!"