chapter 20

"LISTEN CAREFULLY, PUMPKIN

"LISTEN CAREFULLY, PUMPKIN. You might have a job now but it doesn't mean that you are under anyone. You are a princess. So you shouldn't take anyone's crap and hand them back like the brave girl you are. Also, you shouldn't let anyone walk over you. If you face the slightest problem, you have to come to me or any of your brothers. Understood?"

They had been going over this for quite some time now. Zara had been standing there with her skateboard, ready to leave, but Leo was standing in front of her, his hands gripping her shoulders while he rattled off what she should or should not do.

And no matter how sweet it was, she was seriously getting late.

"I understand, Leo. Don't let anyone talk rudely to me, walk over me, command me, flirt with me or basically do anything besides breathing. I got it." She groaned. He had drilled it into her brain already.

"Yes. And don't flirt with anyone either. Not customers or fellow employees. I know you wouldn't but I just want to make sure, okay?"

Ew, flirting.

"Yes. I get it. I got it all minutes ago. Now may I go? I am getting late and I don't wanna get fired even before I start." She requested.

Leo sighed,"Fine fine. You may go. You have our numbers, right?" He asked for the tenth time.

She waved her phone,"Yes. Sal made me put them all in. Don't worry."

"I should get you a new phone." He said distractedly.

"Yeah," She nodded,"Good idea. Get me one a couple years later, okay? This one works just fine." She stuffed her phone in her back pocket.

He rolled his eyes and smiled. How could she always be so humble and undemanding? He had seen that in her time here already. She was the type of person who would give their own food to those in need even when they were starving themselves. She would give her own life if it meant saving someone else's.

She had a heart of gold and a celestial soul. Even though she failed to acknowledge that.

He cupped her face and pressed kisses on her forehead, cheeks, nose and eyelids. She smiled softly and then let out a laugh. Leo was truly the most affectionate brother.

She guessed it also had something to do with his italian genes. They always tend to be too touchy-feely.

Wait, she was italian too.

And french.

Leo pulled away and smiled,"Take care, cara. I hope your first day is good."

She smiled back and quickly gave him a hug. Exiting the house, she called over her shoulder,"I'll see you later, Leo!" And she was out.

She exhaled and walked out of the estate grounds. The manor was too large and it took her a whole five minutes to even make it to the large gates. She quickly exited and found her bodygaurds standing there beside their car.