What say you

" Miss Elisabeth Laure ", announced the butler

What was she doing here?

Frankly I grow tired of all this pretense. Why did father accept this proposal of the Duke. My last nerve is been tested and ..

-Miss Laure, what a surprise ?

I know I was been a bit strange but what can I say this situation is awkward.. and she is exquisite. Laure came in a bit shy but determine by the look of it. She was simply lovely..I had forgotten how graceful she was, how I liked everything about her..her hair..her skin..the way she moves. There was just something about her..that made my heart skip a bit.

- Good afternoon Luke..,she said softly

Yes I understood, strange formality on my part since we were still engage..but if she came to claim her freedom.. That formality, somewhat thin, would at least save my pride.

I answered nothing I just looked at her.

I realize how I have missed her. She was just so lovely and I had too much pride to even consider to share my heart . There was confusion there. I couldn't lie. Mother suffered so much..I was like a journal to her..and I listen and read every lines of her pain..her love for father ; his cold response towards her, the pressure of royalty ..pressure of perfection.

Can I do this to Laure..Can she bare the weight of been my wife ? I lowered my eyes slowly, I wouldn't want anybody else though..Is that crazy ?

-" Luke I came to talk. ", she said , I could sense her nervousness, she would play with her glove. " We haven't spoken for almost a month..and ..and..and I have missed you. I dare say it , because we are still engage, in spite of your cold greeting.

-" What do you want to talk about ? ", I dryly respond, yes I did that, I ignored her emotion. I heard her say she missed me..I choose not to..go there.

-" Well.., she repeated hurt by my not acknowledge her sentiment. " Why ? Why have you not reach out to me all this time ? Why are you hiding ? I had accepted my fate. But your reaction ..to me..to this makes me wonder if I had done something wrong. Do you find me unworthy ? Do you think like your father, I couldn't be a good wife to you..and ..and didn't you not hear me say I miss you ? Did you not miss me as well..

As she spoke, my heart swollen with tenderness for her, before I could respond, I could feel my wool ring and I lowered my eyes..and notice she still had hers..

-" What fate have you accepted ? A doomed fate ? Why would I asked that of you ? What sentiment do you bear for me that would explain such sacrifice ? "

The moment I said that I regretted it..Am I going to ask her to expose her heart and guard my own ? Dear God..

-"What sentiment ? It was never question of that between us..Should I declare an undying love for you and not been true ? You are confusing me ?"

-" Pardon me, you are right. " I answer and turned . What I have done. I'm so tired.

I didn't hear her come closer, I just felt her finger on my arm...I couldn't bare it anymore. I turned and grasp her softly but demanding, approaching her closer to me..closer, near enough to kiss her again..feel her lips again..

I recalled her touch being intoxicating..I didn't feel any resistance from her..but as I looked at her ..her eyes were closed..waiting ready for me..

Propriety stop me..