The blessing

A little sound , like a ring came upon the crowd and the murmurs lowered and slowly all directed themselves toward the dinner room.

Magnificent was the word to describe the room.

So well decorated, spacious enough to welcome all and the aroma revealed a real chief cook was in the castle.

The chandelier a master piece that attracted all's attention. Everything was shinny, spectacular...and for some reason we could hear music.

The crowd was simply enchanted and murmur of approval rose.

Lady Routhless exclaimed out loud :

"Just glorious! Fit for a king! "

Laure been the daughter sat directly at her father's right . As she though of it she kind of missed having a close friend..but she was who she was and sometimes it was just impossible.

She slowly scan the room : where was he ? Wasn't he suppose to sit at her side. She frowned a bit but quickly relax her facial expression as fast as it appeared.

She found him just in front of her at the left side of the Duke. Again they stared at each other curious but were abruptly stop for the duke started to speak :

-"My dearest friends, if you are here well then you have some sorta of importance", he said sarcastically, smiling, " The reason for this feast will be revealed right after diner in the music room. Please let us eat ! "

As the words were said all directed themselves to the table.

She sat beside a lady. She didn't know who she was but they sat they smiled to each other.

-"I hope everything is to liking Lady..

- "Please call me Annette, there is no need for formalities ; we know all to be duchesses or countesses."

She was so different ! Brown eye with fair hair as luscious as hers. She was quite beautiful. A strange beauty. Very thin yet womanly. She had the sweetest smile almost print with childhood innocence.

But Laure didn't encouraged the conversation. She simply nodded . Waiting for her father to sit, she then sat and all the rest followed.

Diner went as planned. Everyone were satisfy. Slowly all were directed to the music room.But while none were looking the Duke made a sign and Luke and Laure followed him.

They went in the library near the fireplace.

-"My son, my daughter...", looking at both with tender feelings, "The sight of you rejoice my heart. Take a few minutes talk and I will make the announcement once you come back in the room.

The Duke putted his hand on his soon to be son in law's shoulder and with the other hand caress Laure soft cheeks.

He knew her..and saw fear creep up.

But he smiled and whispered tenderly: "It's ok Lily, I would do nothing to hurt you."

As he said that he took both of their hand and placed them on each other.

He then back down and said for both of them to hear : I bless you two ! then left the room.