Luke of Camblebrigde

Of course I was beautiful ! Some would say ..a vision, she thought smiling to herself

I wore a splendid yellow dress to bring out the gold in my eye and my hair with loose curls in a half up half down style which gave me the allure of a princess. I knew to have a beautiful profile for I inherited from my father. But the warmth of my feature from my mother.

My somewhat full lips were made in a heart-shape. But some would say they couldn't resist my smile. Once I smiled a dimple formed itself on my left cheek and give to my eyes a sparkle like no other.

As I walk in the banquet, I slowed down near Papa for I was to welcome our guests. My father though well; by throwing a party it would ease the news of meeting my future husband ; but my heart couldn't care for the dizziness of the noise and music couldn't take away the fear of what awaited me.

" Welcome! " , I said greeting all

- " Come on in ! So glad to see you ! You know my daughter .. , father said to all the visitors

-" So glad of you to join us" , I repeated

After a moment of greeting father decided we should join the party.

It was a small selected party. Luke was his name and Laure couldn't find him. She had never seeing him but in her heart she knew she would recognize him . She would recognize her father choice.

A man, strong. Physically build in a way that could defeat an army. Tall and with this sorta of air that commanded respect. The rest is a question taste..

And there she saw him..what resemble him. He had it all..but imagining it was quite different then seeing him. Yes he commanded respect ..but he was so cold. So distant. So unapologetic. So indifferent to his surrounding.

And panic stroke her. He felt cold and unapproachable surely it wasn't him. He seemed like a fortress.

"Dear God is he looking at me ?" , she though. His eye were cold as ice. Stormy in expression but bright in the bluest color she had never seen. She blinked a few time and slowly turn her attention as in she was just scanning the room.

Then she heard her father: "Luke ! There you are! I am so please to see you! ", as he wave to him. And to her horror she saw that man move towards her father..towards her. Can she disappear..

                                                     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Milady", Luke responded as he nodded towards her. She simply did the same nod back with an uneasy smile. Luke wasn't surprise to see her like that. She wasn't the only female to be intimidated by him.

Frankly he has gotten use to it ..but he was to wed her and in spite of the circumstances he would prefer their relation be filled with affection.

He knew he would like her. He liked her aura..especially her mouth. That was just perfection. No need for her to know all that though.

He was open to an respectful and affectionate relationship but his heart ..

- "How do you do ? she replied remembering her manners

- " Well thank you." ,he replied politely

The Duke observed their interaction hoping for the best. Knowing her daughter,he knew she knew this man was his choice.

If anything would happened to him, now he would be at peace.