Duty

-"Father did you not see that I was with Lady Laure ? You burst in the library unannounced !"
- " Pray do explain your meaning. If she chooses you" ,not letting me speaking, " She will have to learn. The country, your duty may I add, calls you! ", observed the Duke.

This man was his father..prompted by power, left me in the care of another when I needed him the most..even now somewhat controlling my life..
- "Father with all due respect, you failed your role as husband ..you frankly have nothing to teach me here. I do not want your life."
-" Foolish child !" , he cried annoyed as we were getting ready to leave. "What do you expect here ? " slowly laughing but this sorta of mean dry laugh. "You want love ? Your mother filled your head with romantic nonsense instead of the reality of the crown, he spat, "Do you really think Lady Laure cares for you, silly son of mine ? We made an agreement her father and I and that is the end of it. Your destiny awaits you.. our cousin the King is calling you..."
- Sir Luke, before you leave, may I remind you that Lady Laure remains in the library..what should I tell her ? " , said the butler

My father stopped talking and looked at me. I was on my own and this very moment would determine the rest of my life. I will fulfill my duty but this girl I grew found of ..is my Eve.

-"Thank you , I will go to her.. No father!" As I saw protest forming on his lips, "that is plain rude and I won't do that."

I turned around , going back to see her. I left her..I know, it was easier to leave than to explain..than to open up to her. She made that step, reaching out to me.. Yet I ..

-"Lady Laure, I started formally, but what I saw was the death of me. There she was almost in the same place I left her , anger, sadness, emptiness and tears rolling down her face. "Laure" , I whisper.

She turned as hope was written all over her body but she didn't move and right not to. I couldn't resist her. I slowly came to her, close, improperly close ..but I did this, I hurt her.

Seeing her like this broke my heart. I lean towards her and put my cheek against hers. I could feel her tears wet on my cheek and herself shaking slightly. I felt her pleading with me but there was nothing to plead for, I loved her.

I sigh heavily as I realize my inner struggle was coming to an end. Starting my destiny without her was senseless.
And what I couldn't say I let my lips convey the message. I bend and slowly touched her lips ..would she forgive my foolishness ?

I kissed again..