Declaration

I could only look at the floor. What father had done was so meaningful. I knew it. Luke knew it. I was simply scared. What did I know of this man. He seemed unreachable. Unfeeling, if that's a word !

My eyes were attracted to the fire and felt the warmth calming my nerves.

Why wasn't he talking..I don't know me..saying his expectation or whatever man usually do say to make this moment more scary ...more special I shoud say.

Slowly I lift my eyes to him.

His icy eyes were observing as if he was reading a book , attentive to every coma and dot. He remained without expression simply attentive to..me.

And he took a breath and spoke :

-"I have the outmost respect for your father and I know how much he loves you.

He has given me a precious gift ", he paused looking at me..really looking me; his glare brushed my hair and my mouth.

"I hope to be a man you will come to trust..even like if that was possible. My first vow is now..to you; to take care of you Laure."

I listened to him like drinking fresh water.

The way he said that last sentence was somewhat so soft and invite of proximity.

So much warmth in his word although he seemed without expression yet I sense his liking to me. His desire to make this work.

Arranged perhaps..but a possibility of love was at dawn.