Chapter 53: The Best News

Song for chapter is When I'm with You by We Three and Noah Guthrie

<<<

Keane's POV

The year had seemed to be flying by, I couldn't believe we were in May already, we'd had birthday's and trips to England and Dubai. Road trips, late night star gazing, move nights, coffee dates, busy days at work.

Angelo and Arlo, who as you already knew were super close, were thick as thieves. The best of friends. Arlo hadn't had an incident since back in February when he went for dinner with Mali's parents. Angelo and he worked daily through things and he was in an amazing place mentally, you could just tell. He glowed.

Noah was doing amazing at college and had completed all of his exams in March and had entered his final Spring Quarter. We were so proud of him.

Arii and Leo were still madly and deeply in love, they'd completed their exams and were happy with how they went.

Truthfully, the past 2 months have been some of the best, because everyone was healthy both physically and mentally, everyone was happy and everyone was together, more or less.

It was currently Wednesday early evening and I was led on my bed thinking about something which I have for a long time now.

From first time Tayte had kissed me back in New Zealand. I had loved him like a brother for almost 24 years and the past 18 months as boyfriend, I have loved him even more and I didn't think that was possible.

I knew that there was no one on this earth who could ever replace him. I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He completed me. He was the other half of my heart. He was my finish line. He was my medicine. My soulmate. My universe. My everything. Therefore I knew it was time to make him. My husband.

I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do, but I wasn't sure how I was going to make it come alive. I needed to rope in my brothers to help me.

So when Tayte was Facetiming his Mum and Torah, and the others were in the sitting room I headed downstairs and walked in,

  "I need your help," I said,

    "What's happened?" Arlo asked. Their eyes were all full of worry, making me smile,

  "Nothing bad, so quit worrying," they all then physically relaxed, "I need your help setting up something. I'm going to propose to Tayte and..."

"OH MY CAS!" Noah screamed, interrupting me,

   "Sssshhh," I laughed "Tayte's only upstairs," Noah grinned,

"About bloody time," Arlo and Angelo said together and then smiled at one another,

  "I'm so excited. Oh My God," Noah grinned, "Hell yeah we'll help. This is going to be so fun! Ahhhhhh"

"Thank you, I knew you all would and I just...I thought it's the right time, we aren't getting any younger and I know I can't live without him, we are all at a good place, so, so...I'm doing it,"

  "Arghhh, we have a wedding to plan too," Noah beamed,

"Can we start with the proposal first please," I laughed. We then heard footsteps,

  "How are you going to plan this with us without Tayte being around?" Arlo asked quickly,

"I'll think of something," I replied and then Tayte appeared,

  "Mum and Torah are well and Forrest was on good form. They want to have a family dinner with us all via Facetime, well it'll probably be a lunch dinner or breakfast lunch with the time different, but anyway, she said they had already spoken to Rhina about it and are planning it for this Saturday,"