Chapter 50: Tired Eyes and Warm Beds

Song for chapter is Home by by Scouting for Girls

<<<

My eyes opened around 7am and I wanted to just roll over and go back to sleep. We didn't bed down until around 4am this morning. 3 hours sleep was just not enough, I have no idea how Arlo still functions.

Our flight was 12.39pm today, so we didn't have too long and we wanted to go The Great House for our last breakfast, followed by our final walk before coming back to pack and then head to catch our plane.

"You awake?" Tayte mumbled, making me chuckle,

"More awake than you," I answered, rolling over and kissing him softly. He smiled.

"We should get up shouldn't we," he said,

"Mmm, maybe 10 more minutes," I grinned wickedly and kissed him again.

We were however, up, showered and dressed by 7.30am and headed out of our room. No guesses who were already up. Angelo and Arlo were sat on the sofa, drinking what I assumed was coffee, talking.

"Please tell me you two actually went to bed," I said,

"Truthfully, we've both had around an hour," Arlo answered.

   "Noah crashed at 5.30am and I've left him sleeping," Angelo said,

"How are you both looking so...so awake?" Tayte asked. They smiled,

  "A lot of coffee and also being used to limited sleep," Arlo answered.

"Fresh coffee has just brewed if you want some," Angelo then said,

  "I'll get us some." Tayte told me. So I sat down,

"Where's Mali?"

  "In the shower," Tayte came back and handed me a mug.

"Thanks baby,"

Mali joined us 15 minutes later and made herself a tea. I thought it was funny that the only American here was drinking a cuppa tea and the English were drinking coffee. Angelo went to wake Noah up at 8.15am and then half an hour later we left the villa for breakfast. The Great House was, to our surprise quite busy, but we found a table.

"I'm tired," Noah yawned, resting his head on Angelo's arm,

   "Everyone's tired Bub," I answered,

"You can sleep on the plane baby," Angelo told him,

   "Though you did have the longest lie in," Arlo winked.

"Because I'm favourite," he grinned.

I thought choosing breakfast would be hard for us, because making decisions wasn't our strong suit, but we all chose rather quickly. Arlo, Angelo, Tayte and I opted for the Lobster eggs benedict, Noah the homemade Bahamian French toast and Mali, Michaels special, which was avocado on toast with poached eggs and she chose the addition of bacon. We all then chose coffees, because I had a feeling that's what was going to get us through the day.

"I don't want to leave," Noah announced midway through breakfast,

"Us neither," I told him and I really didn't. It just felt right, the six of us together in our own little slice of paradise.

  "Getting back into work is not going to be fun, or I'm assuming college for you handsome," Angelo said,

"I've done barely any work and I know it's my fault, but I am so screwed,"

   "You'll catch up bub, cram some work in tomorrow," I said.

Breakfast continued in silence.