Chapter 15: More Steps Forwards

Song for chapter is: Big Plans by Big Plans

<<<

Keane's POV

2 weeks had passed since the showdown. Dad has fully integrated himself in the household. I'd been attending physiotherapy and a therapist for the past 14 days. Arii had had a showdown with Damon after he flew down. Safe to say he won't be in her life anymore. She was even closer to Leo and we were all waiting for the day she tells us they were a couple. She was coming back every weekend to see us. Angelo was super busy and Noah was busy studying and looking forward to Holland. Arlo was running every morning and working out on the beach. He and Malena would meet for a coffee and bagel at Corrigan's at 8am unless they were running together. Rory and Piper loved her and made it well known that they were Arlo's grandparents, everyone loved her. Mum and Dad now the whole divorce was out in the open and being settled were talking. Talina had decided she was going to move in next door with Mum, instead of buy her own place. She'd be close to us still and meant Mum wasn't alone in a 5 bedroom house. It made sense, but I wasn't too happy about it and she knew this, Auntie I mean.

   "You'll have your arm back on Wednesday," Tayte said, it was Monday midday. We were in Corrigan's sat in a booth sharing a white chocolate and vanilla milkshake, being doted on by Rory and Piper, who when the influx of customers settled down, kept coming over to sit and chat with us.

"I cannot wait. I'm getting there, slowly but...these past two weeks have been good. Physio has been going well and I've been making progress with the therapist as you know and I actually feel like I am finally progressing both physically and mentally."

  "Baby I am so proud of you. You are such an inspiration, you really are Superman" he replied kissing me.

"So, when are you giving us great grandchildren?" Piper asked sliding in opposite us. We both laughed,

   "Not quite yet" Tayte replied,

"Few more years Nanna," I said knowing how much she loved it when we called her that, she squeezed my hand,

   "I'll be waiting,"

"I don't doubt it,"

 "How much longer are you staying? Do you want some lunch?" Rory said coming over.

"Lunch sounds good. Do you..." Tayte began,

    "You both sit and relax, I'll make you something," he answered.

"Thank you,"

Piper stayed to chat a bit longer, until the late lunch rush came in. Rory had bought us out two buffalo burger specials and fries to share and we'd be eating for around 5 minutes when Arlo walked in and joined us,

"Sorry to crash your cute little date," he teased,

   "Hilarious, help yourself" I told him, he pinched a fry,

"Thanks,"

  "Where've you been?" Tayte asked,

"With my Dad. It's his awards ceremony this weekend in Washington. He wants me to go, he also wants you to go as well," he said looking at me,

   "Of course I'll go," I answered,

"He wasn't sure you'd want too. Mum and Joey are going but..."

 "Logan knows how I feel and of course were going to be there," I told him,

"We come as a package deal we'll be there," Tayte said. I knew Tayte wasn't fully okay yet with Logan. Though he'd never admit it. Hearing a story from someone is different from actually being with the person and seeing them break, seeing the real them and understanding why he did it. Tayte doesn't understand that.