Chapter 42: Healed Nightmares

Song for chapter is Ashes by Claire Guerreso

<<<

January had seemed to fly by. Dad had moved to Dubai and seemed to be doing well, Noah spoke to him a lot since he left. Me and Mum were so good and everyone else seemed to be benefitting from this also. We'd finally found out who Mr Victor Abraham was, indeed a really close friend of Mum and Dad and was also our God father. He was looking out for us, on his own back, which was why he turned up at the hospital and outside the Vauxhall cross building. Dad rang and spoke with him and he's going to fly out some time in the near future so we can sit down as a family and speak with him.

Arlo's POV

"Can I have a word with you please Angelo?" I asked, he and Noah were lounging on the sofa together, "Sorry Noah, promise I'll be quick,"

"No rush," he smiled, Angelo looked at me, it was as if he knew something was wrong. He stood up and we went into the kitchen,

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked,

"The funeral is this weekend," he wrapped his arms around me, I held onto him and took a few breaths, "Will you fly to England with me for it?"

"Of course I will, we'll do this together okay," I nodded.

"I'm going to go for a run, clear my head, Keane and Tayte will be back soon, I don't want to not be in control,"

"I can come with you?" I smiled,

"No, be with Noah, I'm all good,"

"Be careful please babe,"

"Never," I winked and walked off. I knew he was worried about me, hell I was worried about me. I went upstairs to my room to get changed and left 5 minutes later, music turned up and drowning out the world as my feet hit the sand and I ran. And I ran and I didn't want to stop.

I collapsed after I couldn't even tell you how long. I checked the time, it had only been 45 minutes and it felt much longer. I laid on the sand flat on my back and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths as my breathing got back to normal.

"Are you okay?" I heard this voice say through my music, I opened my eyes and sat up, this guy with a surfboard was stood there, he smiled at me,

"Yes, I'm all good," I answered,

"You sure?" I laughed,

"No, but I will be," he dug his surfboard into the sand so it stood tall and took a pew beside me,

"Want to talk about it?" he asked,

"Not one bit," he smiled,

"Do you want to be left alone?"

"It's a free country, you can sit next to me if you want too," his smile widened,

"Sage Ramerra," he said, holding out his hand,

"Arlo Marcelo-Linkoln" I answered.

We chatted for a little while and then I said I needed to get back because my brothers would worry about me and my girlfriend was coming over,

"Well Arlo Marcelo Linkoln, this has been nice, if you ever break up with your girlfriend, text me," he winked, taking my phone and putting in his number, I didn't answer and he swanned off with his surfboard.

That little encounter had my mind totally forget about the funeral and the whole run back I was wondering whether I was bisexual. I mean, I was 30 years old and I hadn't exactly been in a relationship with anyone until Mali, I'd done things, but I had never really thought about my sexuality, not properly until just then. I knew I loved Angelo and yes Sage Ramerra was what I would call hot, but did that one occurrence mean I was bisexual? I love Malena, she is stunningly beautiful and I am so grateful and lucky to have her want to be in my life and be with me. Thinking about it, I'm more attracted to the person's personality and aura than I am what gender they are. Oh holy hell for a 30 year old guy I feel like I'm having a midlife crisis.