Chapter 24: Past Shadows

Song for chapter is Scars by James Bay

<<<

Noah's POV

We were split into two groups and I think Jeff and Brody knew I would kick up a fuss if I wasn't with the rest of the gang. We were going to be going on a tour around the Roesterseiland Campus, which was the campus where Social and Behavioural sciences, Law, Economics and Business was based. It was an open city campus which was located in the heart of Amsterdam.

"My name is Markus"

"And I'm Arabella,"

  "We're going to be showing you how amazing the University of Amsterdam is" Markus said,

"And that this campus is the best campus," Arabella added,

   "We look forward in seeing why it's the best campus," I said, "You better put on a show," and I knew that Brody who was with our group was rolling his eyes and shaking his head. I grinned,

"I accept your challenge," Arabella replied.

The main building, which I assumed was the focal point of studies was modern and airy, bright whites made it spacious. A tad like a hospital, but everyone has their flaws.

We were shown the student services area, again it was light bright and airy.

"This is one of our classrooms for study," Markus said,

"Yellow chairs," I mused,

  "The yellow chairs are like a bit of sunshine to brighten up any day," Arabella said,

"That is an awesome idea," I winked and she smiled,

  "Do all the classrooms have yellow chairs?" Bryleigh asked,

"They do, I think yellow was the colour decided on for some reason, though not complaining, everyone always says how warm and welcoming it is," Markus said,

  "Clean though, if I went here it wouldn't stay clean for long," I said, Harlun nudged me and I just smiled.

Yellow walls. Yellow cupboards. What it seemed was yellow everything.

Next we were shown one of the many lecture theatres, this would be the size of the one we would be presenting in. I mean it wasn't massive like some of the ones we have back in California, but it was tall, you'd had to project your voice super loud for everyone to hear you. It was very uniformed, again, modern and clean, sharp, the tables and seats which were combined like in UCLA, were black.

As we walked through corridors there was the same feel to it.

Fresh, modern, funky and vibrant.

"There are lots of open spaces to socialise in, do work in a less controlled environment,"

"This is the bridge or known as Café Brug, it's a favourite of many students to go before or after class to catch up, discuss work, grab a drink or some lunch and just chill out"

"Green chairs, different splash of colours and views into the city," I said,

"Well need a bit of greenery amongst the sunshine," Arabella answered,

"And yes, not a good as view as maybe the sea, or mountains, but we all think it's beautiful none the less," Markus replied.

We were taken outside away from the main campus building and to a café called Crea, it looked exactly like one of those independent coffee shops that you get in England, it had that look about it.