Chapter 8: Remorseful Error

Song for chapter is Saturn by Sleeping At Last

<<<<

"Morning sleepy head," Tayte said, I lifted my head and looked at him, he was smiling at me:

"How long have you been awake?" I asked,

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm just glad you slept,"

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"10.30am," there was then a knock on the door before I could answer.

  This isn't over yet Keane my boy. There's still darkness and pain to come and it's just around the corner.

My heart rate rose, Tayte got up and off the bed and I did too, grabbing him for support as I stumbled into the bathroom,

  "Keane?" Tayte said as he opened the door,

"I didn't want to just barge in," that was Angelo's voice I heard just before I threw up. I didn't want to handle any more pain, I felt a hand on my back, as I threw up again. "Shall I come back?"

"No, I want you to check Keane over for me please. He was struggling last night with his shoulder and was feeling light headed and dizzy,"

I threw up for a final time. My head was spiking and my heart was pounding. I wanted to crawl into a corner and be left alone. I clutched onto the sink with my hands and took a few deep breaths.

I had to fight it.

I had to fight it.

"Babe, do you think you can get back to the bed?" Tayte said softly, my whole body felt like lead. I shook my head. Angelo and Tayte helped me lie back on the bed.

  "Keane you're burning up buddy, how do you feel?" Angelo said.

I couldn't explain how I felt.

The darkness is coming

"Keane?"

"Hmmm,"

"You're not looking too good,"

"I'm okay. Maybe a little hot but I'm okay,"

"Are you in pain?"

"No, not right now,"

Yes, mentally and physically my brain told me. They both looked at me,

"Can you just...leave me to sleep please?"

   "I don't think you should be left alone, in your state," Angelo said,

"And I agree with Angelo,"

   "I'm not exactly going to get anywhere. Go and have breakfast and I'm going to sleep. You can come and check on me whenever you want. I'm just not feeling like socialising and eating."

"Keane..."

  "I don't want to argue, with either of you," Angelo placed a wet cool towel on my head.

"Do you want me to get Noah up here?" Angelo asked,

    "No. Don't try and blackmail me...because I'm not going to fight you," I said, "Please just leave me be,"

...

Thankfully for everyone's sake I was left alone. Being told that I would be checked on every half an hour. I pulled on a pair of trackies with difficulty and a t-shirt and re-adjusted my sling. I was suffocating inside myself. I thought the voices had stopped. I thought there was some glimmer of hope that by some miracle I was getting better. I felt strong, yet now, now I felt like I was fading. Fading into the darkness.