Chapter 43: Past Demons

Song for chapter is Going down fighting by Phlotilla, Andrea Wasse, Topher Mohr

<<<

Keane's POV

Arlo and Angelo had been back from London and I could tell that Arlo had changed, that maybe he'd had some sort of revelation. I was just happy that a part of him could be put to rest, the part that undoubtedly blamed himself for Lorenzo's death.

Angelo's birthday party had been a triumph, Noah had planned everything down to a tee. Martha, Ryley, Jaxon and the kids were flown out. Noah spoiled Angelo with breakfast in bed, followed by birthday sex (Noah happily told everyone), we all then went for a walk on the beach, before we had afternoon tea at Corrigan's, all of us and presents were given out.

The evening saw us all getting dressed up and going for a meal at a top class restaurant, a lot of food and drink was consumed. A few of the adults with kids headed back home along with Angelo's niece and nephew, whilst everyone else headed out on the town. It was a very messy but extremely awesome night. We felt the effects for a few days afterwards.

Today was the 28th January, the 6 of us would be flying to the Bahamas on the 6th February for a week and I knew we were all looking forward to it.

Angelo had dropped his family at the airport this morning and then he and Noah went shopping for some food, they were back home now planning dinner for later on. Tayte was Face timing Jen and Torah and Arlo and I were running an errand for Rory and Piper.

Arlo's POV

We were parked up in the furthest space possible from the 3rd and last shop, Keane had ran in to get something we forgot.

I was texting Mali' when I looked up and could see Keane coming back towards the car, I then saw someone behind him.

Shit.

"KEANE BEHIND YOU! LOOKOUT" I shouted, scrambling to open the car door, he span around and dodged the first punch, I dashed out of the car to hear,

"Fucking Bastard," come from Keane's mouth as he threw some more punches. I felt a hand on my back, turned and floored the man with one punch, "ARLO, A LITTLE HELP HERE," Keane hollered, he was trying to fend off three men, all of which were twice his size. I joined him, taking out the men, "I'm so glad your forces trained," I smiled,

"Are you okay?" I asked checking him over quickly with my eyes,

"I'm fine," we heard slow clapping and spun around, to be faced by a man wearing dark designer shades and a plain grey fitted suit, he had an AK47 slung loosely over his shoulder and a smug smile plastered on his face.

"Very impressive. Safe to say you have passed the first test,"

"Who the hell are you?" Keane snapped,

"Family friend, but that is not important right now,"

"What do you want?" Keane then spat and I placed my hand on his shoulder, hoping he'd calm down, but he didn't.

"The two of you to come with me," Keane laughed at that remark, I stayed quiet, the man looked at me closely, "Is that going to be a problem?" I felt the butt of a gun press into my back, I spun around and disarmed the weapon,

"Arlo," Keane protested,

"Fuck," Keane had a knife held pressed against his throat,

"Put the gun down Arlo, there doesn't need to be trouble here," the suited man said, I kept aiming the gun between him and the men, "Or I will make you,"