Epilogue

I cannot believe that I have made it to the end and the actual end this time. The end of four stories, of crazy adventures, of tears and smiles, heartbreak and a whole lot of love. I started the first book of this quadrilogy; the Running series in 2015 and have finally finished the fourth book in 2021, with a whole load of stories started in between, around 80 plus. 

At some point all 4 books will probably be edited and re wrote in places, I'm sure there are things I need to tie up and sort out. None of them are perfect in anyway, they each have their flaws, but don't we all. 

 I have held these characters dearly in my heart for so long and it's going to be hard to say goodbye. However I know there are plenty more stories and many more characters I love in my heart waiting to be finished.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to anyone who had read any of my four stories in the Running series.  Whether that was a paragraph or a chapter, or a whole book. Thank you. 

So with both excitement and a heavy heart, here is the epilogue.

Song for chapter is Supercollide by BANNERS 

<<<

"Baby," I whispered, rolling over so our faces were only inches away,

   "Hmmm" he mumbled quietly, opening his eyes and smiling at me. I kissed him gently and said,

"Did you know we're getting married tomorrow," he chucked softly. "We're actually getting married."

...

The day had finally arrived. I was going to marry the love of my life in less than 5 hours time. I couldn't actually believe it was going to happen. We'd come a long way from the first time we kissed 3 years ago in New Zealand. It had by no means been easy, but no one said life was, we battled so many ups and downs, but I think it made us both stronger.

The morning was a blur, I was pulled this way and that, Tayte and I were forcefully separated after breakfast. There were so many people around the house and apparently so many things to do. If you asked me what happened the morning of the wedding, I couldn't actually tell you. I feel like I was in autopilot.

All I knew right now, was that in less than half an hour I was going to marry my best friend. I was pacing in Noah and Angelo's bedroom in my suit and Noah was fanning me, telling me I wasn't allowed to sweat.

"You doing okay?" Arlo asked, putting a hand on my shoulder, though he could probably tell I wasn't doing okay right now.

  "I don't even know why I'm nervous," I answered and he smiled,

   "Because you love Tayte so much and you want it to all go perfectly?"

"Hmm, that's probably why," he laughed,

   "It's all going to go absolutely awesomely," Noah added, still fanning me with a massive beam on his face,

"No stress needed at all Keane," Angelo, who was sat on the bed said, I took a deep breath,

   "I know, I'm okay and it's going to be fine," I then said out loud, then took another breath, "Oh God I could literally break down and cry right now," they all then rushed adn embraced me in a hug,

"Crying right now is definitely not allowed," Noah said, "You've got this Keane,"

I felt safe and warm in their loving embrace and once they pulled away I grinned,

"I love you all so much,"

   "We love you too,"

That half an hour was both the quickest and slowest half hour of my life. Before I knew it, it was happening.

It was happening.

The wedding was actually happening.

As I stood holding the hands of my Angel, my best friend, my soulmate and my soon to be husband, there wasn't anywhere else I'd rather be. I took a glance up at the beach, that was full of friends we already had and those we made along the way and family, we had, we found and we couldn't be without, everyone was smiling widely, a few were already crying. The sun, it was shining brightly and warmly in the clear cloudless aqua sky and the crashing waves of the warm turquoise ocean could be heard in the background, somewhat soothing me. Tayte squeezed my hand and my eyes met his yet again. I always said the eyes were the gateway to the soul and his right now, his were smiling, they were full of happiness and love.

"I promise to love you unconditionally every second of the day, to make you smile when you feel sad, to be your strength when you feel broken, to never let you feel alone, to give you all of me forever," Tayte said, as tears rolled down both our cheeks,

    "I promise to be your light in the dark, to make sure you always have a smile on your face, to be your body if you feel weak and your biggest cheerleader when you feel strong. To make sure you know how special you are. I promise to love all of you unconditionally, no matter what, for infinity,"

There were more tears in the crowd and a few sobs. I could feel my lip trembling, Tayte reached over and wiped my tears as more fell, brushing his fingers softly against my lips,

"Do you Keane Joey Linkoln, take this man Tayte Luka Marcillo to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, from this day forward til death do you part?"

  "I do," I answered, biting my lip,

"Do you Tayte Luka Marcillo, take this man Keane Joey Linkoln, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, from this day forward, til death do you part?"

   "I do," he answered, smiling at me,

"I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss each other,"

The roar filled the beach, claps and squeals and shouts of joy, as our lips collided and we kissed one another like we were never going to kiss each other ever again.

It was the most passionate kiss I'd ever encountered, and I never wanted it to end.

The End

<<<

I'm crying because it's over, but also because it happened!

I love you all <3

Thank you!

Until we meet again.

Gx

Copyright © Georgia T R Thompson-Wing 2021