Chapter 11: Day Over

Song for the chapter is Home by Dotan 

<<<

The day had finally come. I was being discharged. I was going home.

Home.

It was surreal. We hadn't been home in a long while. I didn't think this day would actually come. Mum and Talina here, Dad had some business to attend to. Divorce lawyer meeting wouldn't surprise me. Arlo was also present, finally back from his tracked around the country seeing his family, his other family. Noah was at college and Angelo was working.

"You've got to come in for weekly appointments so we can monitor your progress,"

"Yes. For the 50th time," I responded to my Doctor,

"And you have to also see Dr. Monroe every Tuesday too,"

  "Yes I know. I know," everyone laughed. "Can I go home now?"

"Yes Keane, you can go home now,"

 "Thanks for putting up with me," I grinned, "I know I can be a bit of a handful,"

"It's been a pleasure Keane. Hopefully your check-ups will go well and we won't see you back in this hospital for a long time,"

 "I hope so,"

The journey home seemed to take forever. Even more so when we detoured to a bloody shop.

"Are you doing this on purpose? To annoy me or do you genuinely need to get something," Arlo laughed, and I glared at him.

"We need to pick up something," Mum said. Talina, Tayte and Arlo then un strapped their seatbelts.

"Hold up. You're going to get something that takes all of you to get. What the hell is it? What's going on? Are you stalling?"

"5 minutes babe," Tayte said completely ignoring all that is just said, kissing me and they all left the car. I heard the door click locked.

  "Just brilliant," I muttered, "Fucking brilliant,"

I had basically lost the will to live when try came back seemingly empty handed 15 minutes later. I also had the cob on.

"Sorry we took so long," Talina said,

   "Yeah," I mumbled.

"You're not sulking are you?" Arlo asked.

"No," I pouted,

  "Well it looks like you are," Tayte said raising his eyebrows at me.

"Can we just go home please,"

 "Yes we're going. We're going," Mum said,

"No stops. I promise," I muttered something along the lines of,

   "You can't keep a promise," Tayte slapped me on the upside of the head. "Ow,"

"You know why I did that,"

   "Bitch," I muttered,

"Jerk," he responded and Arlo laughed. We did eventually pull up into our drive. As I was pushed by Tayte in the wheelchair up to our door I was very wary. I had every right to be.

"WELCOME HOME KEANE" was shouted. Noah, Angelo, Dad, Rory and Piper.

"Cute guys. I knew you were stalling,"

We spent the afternoon chatting and catching up. It was lovely if was being honest. Though it now being 7pm. I was crashing.

"You do not know how good it is to be home,"