11: Clair De Lune

Pip watched as Leo filtered into the house. His black curls were layered in thick's coats of water and his clothes were drenched. His mother smiled with absolute glee, she stood up and went to hug the boy. Leo wrapped his arms around her and they shared a warm embrace. Pip waited for the burning sensation to leave his body, but it never did. Scorch marks and fire charred his cheeks.

When the pair pulled apart Pip trailed the stairs and showed the boy his room. Leo was walking cautiously, it was a strange sight. Pip opened the room. It was immaculately kept as usual. Leo entered and observed every surface with laser focus. His fingers brushed past every object. It was like Pip's room was study, one Leo was actually preparing for.

His face brightened when he found Maahes. Pip enjoyed the beam return to his face. His lips were a ray of sun constantly shining down on others. Pip felt relieved and eased to see it returned. To see Leo without a smile was like seeing the Loch Ness monster.Leo touched the tips of the plant with delicate fingers of elegance.

Pip let himself look for a few more moments before pulling his gaze away. He searched for a jumper in his cupboard and ended up handing it to the other boy whose hair was dripping and whose eyelashes were coated in rain drops.

"You can change into this if you want." Pip offered.

Leo flicked his face towards him and stared with a strange light sputtering in his eyes.

"Thanks." He smiled.

Pip showed him to the toilet and let him get changed. Pip sat himself down at his keyboard and watched it without movement. He stared. There was a lot he needed to her from the keys twinkling but he kept his fingers curled in his pockets.

The Ford clicked and he turned to see Leo wearing his grey jumper. It was a strange sight. The sleeves sat just over his elbow as he was much taller than Pip.

"I thought you had a dog." Leo queried.

A small chuckle ticked his throat as he looked back at Leo.

"I see you completed that task." Leo smiled.

Something unsteadying flooded through his chilled cheeks.

"Do you play?" The boy asked.

Pip looked at the keys and saw more than just the task of creating music but exploring a world he didn't allow himself to see without the encouraging tones. When his hands travelled the different notes he wasn't playing the piano no he was mending pieces and painting a way out. The tones that clambered together weren't just music but a place where the memories weren't as painful.

Pip didn't answer but instead searched for his water jug that usually stood on his desk. He handled it and walked over to Maahes and poured the water into his soil.

"Do you think he will survive?" Leo asked.

Pip walked closer to Leo who was stood near his bed.

"He was the god of war maybe this is his karma." Pip spoke.

Leo let another spectacular smile loose. It was like an explosion of ease.

"You have a lot in your head." Leo smirked.

Pip remembered the pain he had forgotten. Not all just the ache from yesterday's beating. He pulled back a wince. He placed the water back on the desk and turned to the window so he could scrunch his features.

"Are you alright?" Leo asked.

Dammit!

"Yep." Pip replied.

Leo walked to his shoulder. Pip expected some enraging words of sympathy but he was pleasantly surprised.

"What's next on the list?" He asked.

Pip plucked it from his trousers and handed it to the boy. He heard him walk away. Pip turned and saw him pacing.

"That can't be too hard can it?" Leo asked

Pip sat down on his bed and watched Leo pace.

"You have a piano you could take a class for that." Leo suggested.

Pip shook his head vigorously. Pain plummeted in his stomach and he regretted the action.

"You could take an art class." Leo spoke.

Pip considered.

"Maybe." He mumbled.

Leo turned and he look incredibly concerned. Pip's sight blurred as he got snagged on the ache tumbling through him.

"Seriously Fish are you alright?" Leo asked again.

Pip begged the world for a distraction. Just when he had started to wonder how he would answer someone's phone rang. Pip watched as Leo looked at his phone. His face faded in colour and his lips strung apart and his eyes were glazed with something dark.

"I have to go." Leo mumbled.

He grabbed his bag and started towards the door. Pip would let the questions fester and alter his blood stream.

"Thank you! Tell your mum thanks too." Leo called as he flooded out.

Pip watched and was only awoken when his mum called him down stairs. He stirred weakly down the creaking stairs. His mother was in the kitchen baking some sort of cake.

"He seems nice." She said whilst mixing something.

Pip nodded and walked closer to his mother whose face had a uplifting smile plastered to her lips.

"It's great that you have friends now!" She voiced.

She was filled with joy and it was tipping over through her voice. Pip was happy to make her so jubilant.

"You know what's coming up." Her tone dropped.

Pip shivered. His body letting in sharp shards of his mind run through his blistering skin. The pleased warmth that had ruptured earlier sucked up by a sickening dread. Icy pangs of invasive drizzle thrummed through his limbs. A dreary melody tickled his cheeks.