2. Three Pupils

The skies were now brighter than they were the previous night. What was once a town bustling with people was now nothing more than a sight of a disastrous aftermath in complete silence. The smoke from the fire still lingered in the air.

A woman and a boy walked into the destroyed town, heads turning frequently to gather the aftermath around them. It was certainly terrible. The boy had wandered away from the woman to take a better look at something that caught his eye while the woman stared in front of her. Then she heard a sound. It was clear to her in such a deserted place. It was a scratching type of sound.

"Lyon, come over here! We've got a survivor!"

The boy known as Lyon whirled around quickly in shock before bolting over to where the woman was. Underneath the rubble, was Gray. He was awake and crying from the mix of despair and anger he was feeling.

Lyon crouched down in front of the rubble to take a better look at the other boy.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Deliora... I won't forgive Deliora... never."

The woman gently pushed away Lyon, "Lyon, stand aside."

"Ur...?"

"Go look around and check if anyone else is still alive." Ur told him as she began to move away some rubble that was on top of Gray. It was crucial to check if there were anymore survivors like the boy.

"Oh, okay." Lyon nodded his head and walked off in a random direction. He whipped his head around several times to try and spot a living person. However, he couldn't tell which ones were dead and which ones were alive. So, he decided to cup his hands around his mouth and yell.

"Hey! Is there anyone alive?!"

...

...

...

Karissa's eyes opened. She was confused. Instead of laying inside a bed, she was outside lying on the cold concrete floor. Her right arm was hurting. There was also some wood on her back, trapping her underneath it.

Then, the memories of the previous night just flashed into her mind. After that huge explosion, she couldn't remember anything else that happened. What was going to happen now?

"Mister Silver... Miss Mika... Gray... where are you?" she mumbled sadly, scared of the overwhelming feeling of being alone.

"Hey! Is there anyone alive?!"

Karissa's head rose when she heard the voice.

"Can anyone hear me?!"

There was someone there. With little strength she had, she tried shimming her way out in hopes of seeing the other person.

Lyon, who was standing not too far from her, heard her movements and gasped. It was a girl! Immediately, he started running over to where she was. "Wait, I'll help you get out of there!" he shouted when he saw her futile attempts to get out. When he was in front of her, she looked up at him with her dark brown eyes, feeling helpless. The wood on her body was long and a bit thin yet still capable of trapping her underneath with its weight. He sucked in a deep breath as he summoned up all of his strength and then crouched to put his hands underneath. He lifted the wood off her body and looked at her.

"O-Okay! You can get out now." he wheezed.

Karissa did her best to hurry and get on her knees and crawl away. When she made it out, she just sat on the back of her legs and looked around. She couldn't recognize anything. The place didn't even look like home anymore. It felt empty.