50. The Might of Sinclost

JULY 2

DAY 2

...

...

...

Starting the day by eating sunny sides with rice and some cold orange juice was great. It would give her the energy she needed until the second day was over (she could also get some snacks from the pantry if needed though). And since Makarov said it was fine not to wear their attire from the first day for the second, they all just wore attires that they liked. On top of a maroon t-shirt, she was wearing an asymmetrical hoodie, the right side was gray with her lower arm being black and the cuff being blue. The left side's colours were reversed with her right except for the black part. Instead of a zipper, four white buttons kept her hoodie closed starting from below her left breast and reaching down to the middle. She wore black fitted pants and dark blue shoes with light blue laces and white soles.

With that, she was ready for the second day, ready to give it her all.

But now, she didn't know whether or not she should laugh in disappointment or just scream in embarrassment.

As they were told, they started the day with a contest.

Natsu, who was very eager to participate, volunteered to play the game despite their protests.

"See..." Karissa covered her face with one hand. "This is why I wanted them to tell us the rules before we selected a member... because, good god..."

The game was called Chariot.

Chariots would be moving through a famous old neighbourhood of Crocus. And they all had to race across it to reach the finishing line. Moving chariots. Moving. Those chariots were freaking moving. The moment team A laid eyes on the course, they just turned into stone.

Natsu was looking sick while 'running' at a snail's pace.

Surprisingly, Natsu wasn't the only one sick on the chariots. Gajeel, who also participated, most likely because the Salamander was, ended up looking like a teetering clown on it. In addition, the Dragon Slayer she was familiar with from Sabertooth, Sting Eucliffe, was also just tripping and 'running' like an intoxicated person. Team A was still behind Team B in this race.

"Okay, is it safe to assume that all Dragon Slayers feel sick on vehicles?" Lucy spoke, watching Natsu struggle to take a step forward.

"Let's try putting Wendy on a train next time, and see how she fares." Karissa suggested.

All of a sudden, Bacchus wrecked the rest of the chariots ahead. From where he stomped his foot, it destroyed the entire thing. He leaped over the ones that were tilted or flipped over. By doing so, he would make it even harder for the competitors to get across since they couldn't fall out of the race. It didn't take long for him to speed across and cross the finish line.

"Huh..." Karissa tilted her head curiously. He has major destructive power in one foot alone. And he broke the entire chariot. Can I think that he could be capable of destroying the ground just like when Van gets angry? And if the power in his limbs is strong like that, does one direct hit from his hand cause a lot of damage? Is his magic just super strength?

Soon, only Sting, Gajeel and Natsu were left.

The youngest Sinclost leaned against the stone rail and clasped her hands together. Come on, Natsu. Any point is good points. You can do it. You too, Gajeel. Keep pushing.

And they wouldn't give up.

They kept pressing forward while Sting lagged behind, making him question their determination to win, their reason for participating in the Games as it was out of character for them. In response to that question, everyone had different answers. Some had greed for money, some wished for their guild to regain their fame, and some wanted to remind the world of who they forgot... but Natsu easily admitted a common reason for their participation, giving an impassioned speech to the world watching.

【Re:Freezing】 |  Gray Fullbuster x OCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara