25. Nirvana

Their only choice was to climb up the giant walking creature they ended up on. Natsu ended up going off on his own with Happy by flying while Gray, Karissa and Lucy had to climb. When they made it, they found Jura and Hot Eye together with the first claiming that the dark guild member was now an ally of theirs. Hot Eye explained what Nirvana was; the ancient city of the Nirvit clan that tried to restore balance during times of war. Apparently, they were always a neutral group that grieved for the ailing world so they created Nirvana, a magic that would exchange light and darkness.

"It has the name that signifies peace, and yet is being used for evil." Gray pointed out the irony.

Lucy frowned deeply. "But, it'd be a good magic, if they hadn't originally used turning light into darkness as one of its elements."

"They didn't think deeply enough about the opposite." Karissa shrugged and played with her sleeves behind her back. "It must have been desperation then."

Jura crossed his arms over his chest. "Strong magic is bound to have strong side effects."

"In any case," Hot Eye interjected. "We are in trouble now that it is moving. We must stop this without a moment to spare. Brain will likely be in the central King's Hall controlling it. While he is, he may not use other magic. That is the chance to attack."

Karissa tipped her head curiously. So he's driving it...

Gray looked at their new ally. "Does that mean it's going in someplace in particular?"

"Perhaps... But I have no idea as to where to."

"That's right." A voice above them spoke suddenly, prompting everyone to look up and find them standing atop a building. It was Midnight. He looked down on them with disinterest. "I am the only one who knows what my father is thinking. Hot Eye, don't tell me you're betraying Father?"

Hot Eye held his stare and shook his head. "Not at all! I have only realized the error of Brain's ways!"

Hearing him say that made Midnight leap off the building and glare at him. The light forces readied themselves just in case. He didn't look pleased with what Hot Eye said. "Father? Error? Is that what you said?" he spoke, his voice dripping with displeasure.

Gray eyed the enemy warily. "What's this 'father' stuff about...?"

"Father and son in a dark guild?" Lucy guessed.

"It's possible." Karissa spoke, tone flat.

Hot Eye narrowed his eyes at Midnight. "One cannot switch someone's heart with magic. However, weak hearts may be raised into strong ones."

Midnight didn't let him breath another word as he suddenly swung his arm in front of him. In an instant, they all felt magic surge in their direction. The moment he extended his arm, Karissa quickly tried to create an ice wall to protect everyone, only to lose her footing and slip and fall. She groaned when Gray fell on her. She wheezed when Lucy landed on Gray, adding more weight.

"What just happened?!" Gray asked no one specifically, completely thrown for a loop.

"Hot Eye-dono caused the ground to collapse and saved our lives."

"Great... but I'm dying over here." Karissa wheezed, lightly tapping Gray's shoulder. His head was on her shoulder and his broad back was pressed on her. Yeah. He was literally lying on her like as if they were two dominoes that knocked one down. She huffed, his soft spiky hair flying off her nose and mouth. She was able to breathe better when Lucy took her sweet time getting off of him. Gray helped Karissa up and out of the crater.

"You should all go to the King's Hall." Hot Eye suggested as he stepped in front of the crater that he made to protect them from Midnight's earlier attack. He urged them to go by reassuring that all Oración Seis' members had equal power, he would be enough to hold off Midnight from pursuing them.