49. Grand Magic Games

They were inside the Sky Labyrinth.

"What the... how the hell did you get dressed that fast?!" Natsu gaped at Karissa who innocently looked around. The pink haired mage saw her look at him with a mysterious smile. She simply waved her hand dismissively to change the subject. "Nevermind about me. Focus on the maze."

"You're right... what the hell is this mess?!" Natsu grabbed his head as his eyes began to swirl from the confusion. "I suck at these kinds of things!"

Gray looked at his surroundings as well. "A three-dimensional maze, huh? What a pain."

Erza stepped forward and looked into the maze where all sorts of staircases and platforms gathered together in one jumbled mess. "We basically must work our way east. The stadium is to the east."

Seeing as it was Lucy's time to shine, she picked one of her keys and summoned a spirit, Pyxis As Lucy asked her little spirit friend to find east for her. The others were watching on the side while Erza's hand was held out, holding a compass for everyone to see. Lucy was so eager to contribute that she didn't even realize Erza had brought out the compass, leaving everyone to stare at her as she posed confidently towards the east.

"Wow." Gray commented as Lucy looked so proud.

"What is she doing?" Natsu wondered.

"Ayo... Lucy." Karissa chuckled.

"Thank you, but I already have a compass." Erza informed her.

Both Pyxis and Lucy sulked.

"Huu..."

Everyone was following Erza and her compass. They had to jump over many gaps and climb many stairs. Along the way of their search for east, they noticed some stairs were hidden inside small towers or building-like structures that connected directly to another part of the labyrinth. They needed to find the path that would bring them directly to the stadium. They just knew it was one wooden path like earlier that connected the stadium to the labyrinth. But several times now, they only saw wooden paths that would lead them to another inn, a path taken by another guild participating.

Now, the compass was pointing everyone towards a door of a little tower.

"Why is this place so damn confusing?!" Natsu roared at everything, making Gray roll his eyes as he shoved him and his fire breath away.

"Stop complaining!"

"Why'd you shove me?!"

"Because you're spitting your fire in my face!"

"We don't have time for this, boys." Lucy waved the papers she used for mapping the place.

She and Karissa were left to watch the typical quarrel between the two while Erza peered into the tower. There were no stairs, only the streets of Crocus down below. Not good. If they fell, they were going straight to fall headfirst. When the S-Class mage heard their bickering, she looked over her shoulder. "Stop this at once!"

"Y-Yes ma'am!" Natsu accidentally backed into Erza when he became sturdy from the fear, causing her to stumble into the doorway and fall down with a girly scream.

It happened so fast.

"WHOOAAA!"

"KYAAA!"

"WHAT THE— ACK!"

"GRAY—! NO! OOF—!"

After Erza fell, she grabbed Natsu's foot to try and stop her fall, pulling him down with her. That caused Natsu to stretch his arms out and grab onto Lucy as he screamed, who also screamed when he wrapped his body around her, causing her to latch onto the end of Gray's shirt and jacket. His top ended up close lining his damn throat, forcing him to fall back, but not before he grabbed Karissa's arm on the way down.