51. Gratuitous

First, Jason asked for some details regarding Tenrou Island Exam and the incident that caused their seven year hiatus. Of course, he reassured them that if it wasn't something they were willing to share, he was more than happy to drop the subject. Fortunately, they didn't feel too emotional about it since it was already history. Sure, it made them remember the dread and the helplessness, but they figured that it would be a way to let the world know that there was a FREAKING DRAGON out there ready to put another island under water.

He said he wouldn't share the article until after the Grand Magic Games. After all, he had more than just Fairy Tail to write about it. He needed to cover the entire event!

Pandora wondered if she could use this interview to avoid other reporters planning on writing about them when they win. It would be nice to avoid all the trouble. Van didn't mind either way. He would just follow what his sisters would do. Clavis would gladly partake in any family related interviews if his siblings would allow him. And as for Karissa, she would clench her hands and try to step out of comfort zone for once.

After learning about Clavis' relationship with the Sinclost and his origin, Jason wondered how he would feel exchanging blows with his siblings. Would he take it seriously?

His response was a cheerful smile and "I'll give it my all. After all, I've heard that trading blows can be one a way to learn about someone! So, I'm looking forward to it!"

Jason laughed excitedly and jotted down his response. "A wonderful answer! I love that!"

"Then prepare yourself, little brother." Pandora exaggerated her tone to sound prideful. "In our family, we don't hold back in fights." She motioned to her little siblings. "They've been raised not to when it counts."

Clavis blinked at Pandora's words, a bit at a loss for his own. "Um..." He looked at his younger sister and older brother who comically held up peace signs with deadpan expressions.

With Pandora raising them... Yeah, there was no way she didn't ram that into their brains. That was the only way to make sure they didn't get caught lacking out on a job.

"But didn't she hold back...?" Clavis meekly pointed at his twin.

There was a pause.

"Yeah, what the hell was that?" Van pursed his lips, softly nudging her temple with his knuckles.

"Call it a wake up call?" Karissa tried sheepishly. "No, I wanted an undisputable victory haha." She then admitted with a dismissive wave of her hand.

"What for?" Clavis wondered curiously.

"Well... people got the impression it was a one-sided battle when they didn't realize it was a clone. My copy was able to withstand blows and stay intact for a while thanks to the amount of magic power I gave it." She summarized for everyone with a playful smirk. "But the moment the real deal steps on the field, the tables turn drastically... it should make you question the strength displayed since it ended in a flash..."

She wanted everyone and the competition to keep guessing what were her limits. She wanted them to be wary so that she could potentially exploit that hesitation. And also, not showing the fact she had wind in her arsenal would serve as a boon. With Fairy Tail's current reputation, everyone would rather spend their time admiring Sabertooth rather than researching the Fairy Tail of yore. Would Sabertooth truly go through the trouble of looking into her, a member they wholeheartedly believed they could beat without looking her up? She didn't think so. They seemed like a proud guild. And so, that would also work in her favor.

Jason saw the way her smirk turned mischievous. He grinned at her and wagged his pen at her. "Ah, I see. Keeping your versatility a secret, huh? Cool strategy!"