6. Feeling Closeness and Sorrow

When daylight came, he was left in the ruined state of an unknown city. It was in a similar state of that of his hometown when it got destroyed.

After being blamed for their master's death, the young boy stayed rooted in his spot until the footsteps of his former classmate and friend disappeared from the area. No matter what he said, he couldn't stop him as he so furious and disappointed that his dream was ruined because of him.

He could only silently cry on in his arms on his knees in front of the huge block of ice that trapped the monster he used to want revenge on.

Gray sniffled and wiped away his tears with his sleeve. "I'm sorry..." he said to no one around him.

Revenge wasn't worth it in the end. It wasn't worth losing even more.

"In the western countries, you'll find that there are a lot of more powerful mages than me."

He resolved himself, for his sake and his master's, he would start a new path. Darkness would not easily shackle his heart again. He would strive to become the stronger as an ice molding mage to make her proud. He would never speak ill of her magic again either.

"I'll go to Fiore." He told himself as he slowly rose up to his feet.

According to what Ur told him, Fiore was a kingdom in the west that many more mages compared to the eastern countries. If there were that many mages that could be just as powerful or even more powerful than Ur, he could probably find a way to undo the Iced Shell.

"C'mon Gray, at least promise me that you jerkbag!"

And she deserved to know the truth.

...

...

...

Two months had passed since the Sinclost siblings had arrived in Fairy Tail.

For the first month, Pandora wasted no time in taking some odd jobs inside the town to earn some money so that she could set it aside. Along with Van, she was training the magic she discovered she had after running a few tests with some magic items that Makarov had store in the guild.

Apparently, their parents' had left them another gift other than the large amount of magic power. Their magic was passed down to them.

Pandora had light magic from her mother. Van had earth and Karissa had wind from their father. Van's earth magic wasn't that big of a surprise after they realized that's what caused the crack in the floor back when they were traveling. The two trained to get better at using their gifts while Karissa just slacked off since she thought that having her ice magic as her primary one would be good enough for. But she did occasionally work seriously on her wind magic as well, just not as much as her ice magic.

When the second month came around, Pandora decided to take on jobs outside of Magnolia that were close by. She actually enjoyed taking on jobs from the request board, saying it was fun to experiment with her magic in real situations instead of just training. It was also a learning experience was an immigrant. Van was often training with Macao or Wakaba who were glad to help him develop his magical prowess. Karissa heard he was planning on taking a job with them since he wanted to go outside of town to satisfy his curiosity about what a job was like.

Karissa didn't understand that desire to venture out. She was perfectly fine with staying within Magnolia and explore whatever the town had to offer. There was still so much she didn't know in this new place she was in.

Then one day, Makarov called over Karissa while she was sitting with Cana.

Karissa slid off her seat and jogged to where Makarov was where she found a guy standing there in front of him. It was a Laxus. It was Makarov's grandson. She learned that he was the guy who she ran into that one time when she first went to visit her parents' graves. Laxus was looking at her with a lifted brow before looking at his grandfather questioningly.