48. Crocus

After going through a moment of despair, they all soon found themselves standing before individuals who wore long blue cloaks. It all started with a white bird landing on top of Erza's head, and like the old fashion way, it had a little note attached to it leg. That's what led them into going into the forest way past the inn they were staying at... were they even staying there after all this time though? Anyway, the individuals who called them over there purposely hid their identities by keeping their hoods on their heads. Four people stood before them, but they could sense no ill intent. They didn't even need to ask for the hoods to come off. The four of them took them off without hesitation, revealing their identities to them.

It was Ultear, Jellal, Meldy, and Lukius.

Aside from Jet, Droy, and Levy, there was no one in this group who didn't recognize at least one face.

Gray and Karissa remembered what Lyon told them when they returned from Tenrou Island.

...

...

...

You two know about the three ex-Grimoire Heart members named Ultear, Meldy and Lukius?"

"Yeah, what's going on with them?" Gray propped up one leg to rest his arm on it.

"Apparently, they've established a certain guild called Crime Sorcière. But that isn't all, they've also given membership to Jellal Fernandes after breaking him out of jail."

"What?!" Karissa gaped. "I thought he would be in some sort of maximum security prison considering his crimes..."

"I don't know." Lyon shrugged. "I just know that he is now with that guild. They've been taking down dark guilds for the past seven years. However, their ultimate goal is to defeat the Black Wizard, Zeref."

...

...

...

Well, now there was absolute proof that Jella escaped that prison.

Ultear revealed to everyone that it was her, Meldy, and Lukius that broke out Jellal from that prison. Well, mostly Ultear.

Karissa turned her head to look at Lukius. Literally, just yesterday, he was a boy with shaggy orange hair that hid one his pink-crystal eyes. Today, he was much taller, and his face was no longer obscured by his hair. It was style in a manner that spiked a bit. He also looked much more confident as he stood next to Meldy who waved at Juvia. When he sensed Karissa's eyes on him, he turned to her and gave her his own wave with a smile.

Whoa! He grew up into a good looking guy! Puberty was nice to you!

"Hello, Karissa." Lukius greeted. "Doing well?"

"Uh, yeah."

If she had to admit something, it was kind of weird to take this Lukius and connect it to the one she was most familiar with. After all, the one she knew wanted to kill her so that the one next to him wouldn't have to. Now, this new Lukius was friendly and smiling.

And also...

...

...

...

The secondary magic that Lukius wielded definitely felt of the same nature as Hystoran's. However, Lukius' proficiency in it was much better. It hurt more than Hystoran's. She didn't want to get hit by it anymore.

Karissa grabbed him by the front of his cloak, his eyes widened, crystal pink met dark brown once again, but crystal pink narrowed. He added Penitence to her body which made her waver and wince when it became unbearable. The weight of his magic was almost crushing her knees.