52: Deluge Oddments

"These are vile accusations, even more so without any sort of proof."

"You nearly killed them!"

After getting the authorities involved, Ivan was present with his team after being caught waltzing around Crocus, willing to show cooperativeness despite the obvious hostility Fairy Tail had towards them, playing the fools who only wanted to have a good time at the event. Makarov, Pandora, Laxus, and the Raijin Tribe were there to confront them with some officers. His dismisses had reached a point with Pandora to the point where she finally just screamed at him angrily. Someone commend her for not socking the man in the face in the five minutes they were arguing. If it weren't for the table between the two parties, then she might have reacted instinctively.

"Dear Pandora, you are being quite unreasonable with these accusations." Ivan spoke, his tone sounding as if trying to talk some sense into her. His little minions were quietly laughing at her, making her fists shake under the table.

But that was the plain truth.

Even though it supposedly happened in a public area, there were somehow no witnesses. Not even a single person. Not a single passerby. Perhaps Ivan arranged it to make it look like so?

Makarov, deeply displeased, had his arms crossed as he glared at his flesh and blood. Ivan returned it with a haughty smirk. They weren't going to get anywhere fast. He wasn't going to get the justice they deserved. Even the officers looked severely unimpressed. Damn.

"You've always been protective of your little siblings." Ivan pointed out, remembering vividly how a young Pandora would always have Van and Karissa's backs. Such a unique girl with the strong conviction to make sure her siblings followed the right path under her protection, an almost perfect example of assuming responsibility. "But you need to stop being so biased when they tell you something so far-fetched. Be open-minded to the possibility that I am not the enemy you are making me out to be. It's making you look like a fool."

The sudden movement Pandora made when she shot up from her seat shifted the table between them. But Laxus was quick to latch on her arm and keep her in place. The anger on her face dialed down a little when she realized what he did. She was this close to planting a foot on the table to lunge at the man. Laxus knew what his father was doing, trying to risk their disqualification by having Pandora show a concrete proof of another team trying to sabotage another.

"Calm down." Laxus whispered sharply, forcefully having her calm her mind the more his grip tightened around her arm, letting her know that what she was doing was wrong, she was falling into Ivan's trap. But he was here to keep her from falling. He was here.

A plan foiled. And yet not quite disappointing. Ivan smiled with intrigue. He took this as a sign that Laxus had some respect for him. As he should since they are blood kin. What conceited thinking.

Unfortunately, Raven Tail, in the end, was found innocent.

And Fairy Tail received a warning for trying to stir trouble.

A hand softly patted her head as she ate her food. Currently, Max, Erza, Lucy, Gray, Carla, and Wendy were in the room after the news traveled. Porlyusica, tired of human presence, went out to get some air after warning Karissa not to leave her bed like a fool and wander off. True to his word, Gray woke her up after Max dropped by to check on her. He was quick to run off and get her something to eat (with her own money that he tucked away in his wallet a few hours ago).

Sleepy and sad (slad?), she was eating this very nutritious soup. Gray snatched the last one after seeing the ingredients in them. Thick noodles in a soup that was mixed with egg, sliced carrots, broccoli, pieces of chicken, and some shredded cabbage.