4. The End Of Our Days

Karissa held Lyon's hand as she walked with him to the warehouse.

Lyon held the door for Karissa so that she could slip in after him. When he made sure the coast was clear, he closed to the door quietly behind and walked deeper into the warehouse. They were in Ur's warehouse that was located not too far from her house. She had a lot of things inside but the thing that Lyon was so eager to show Karissa was the magic spell books that Ur kept in there. Karissa looked around curiously as Lyon went off to some shelf to grab some books that he talked about.

"Here, check it out." Lyon grinned as he carefully put them on the ground. He brought out like eight of them.

"These are all Ur's books?" Karissa sat down in a criss cross way and reached for a random book.

Lyon took a seat next to her. "Yep." Lyon picked up a book and started flipping the pages to show her a list of ice spells. "See, look at all these powerful spells!" he dragged his finger across the page to emphasize the list.

"Whoa." Karissa grabbed the book from him and started reading all the names of the spells. They were all ice based and not necessarily molding types.

Ur taught them ice molding magic, a form of ice magic. They were more experienced in the field of making ice not freezing things. When asked about if they were capable of doing simple ice magic, Ur had told them that it was indeed possible since they were ice mages themselves. They just needed to learn to do just like how they learned to mold ice.

"How come Ur doesn't teach us any of this? Aren't we capable enough to learn magic that is a bit stronger by now? All we do is reinforce the strength of our molding magic."

"I dunno." Lyon shrugged. "Maybe she still wants to wait before we learn them." He grinned and picked up a book from the pile and opened it. "I think it's not going to hurt to learn some powerful magic by myself. It'll give me to advantage when we finally learn it."

"Geez, Lyon." Karissa chuckled when she put the book down. "You're always trying to get ahead of us."

"Well, duh! I want to be her best student. If I'm not, how can I surpass her then?" Lyon said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Gray would definitely be interested in these books since he keeps complaining that Ur isn't teaching him real magic."

Lyon shook his head. "No, this stays a secret between you and me. He can't know about these books."

"Huh? How come?"

"... Ur doesn't know I come in here by myself..."

"But you let me in here."

"W-Well, yeah, I mean because I figured it wouldn't hurt to show you."

Karissa pursed her lips. "You and I both know that we're better than Gray, I could easily snatch away that dream of yours, y'know?" she said jokingly with a smirk on her face. But she knew that he knew that she wasn't going to do that to him. She worked hard to improve but she never did it in a way where she was aiming to be Ur's star pupil.

While Lyon was indeed Ur's star pupil so far, Karissa was actually just behind him since she was better than Gray. Lyon and Karissa's sparring matches always brought their number of victories to a tie while Gray rarely beat Lyon in his match. She supposed it was because he was good at using single handed molding magic even though Ur reprimanded him for it.

Lyon scratched the back of his head and looked away nervously. "Look, I just wanted to show you these books too, that's all. It has to stay our little secret no matter what!"

"Fine, fine." Karissa giggled before reaching for a book. "What's this? Punishment... of Absolute... Zero?" she angled her head in confusion while blowing the dust off the cover.