30. High Time To Realize

She explained everything.

Her name was Karissa Sinclost. She was a mage from Fairy Tail that lived in Magnolia, a town that was in a parallel world. She wasn't from Edolas. With the help of Mystogan, a man who had the same face as a criminal named Jellal in her world because he was Jellal from Edolas, she arrived in Edolas. Her town disappeared out of nowhere and she was told it was sucked into Edolas. She also went ahead and told him that the Lyon she knew, Lyon Vastia, nothing like the Lyon she was currently talking to. She did her best to explain it to him the best way she could, and to her surprise he believed her.

He said that the biggest proof was that she used magic from out of nowhere with using anything. According to him, magic in Edolas always came from objects, often fused with Lacrima, to give them magical function. That explained why Lyon's dagger was glowing. That was different from her world where magic came from within.

Lyon, fully known as Lyon Isaac, relaxed when he realized that Karissa Sinclost had nothing to do with the Karissa of Edolas. The air between them was friendlier now. He also informed her that the reason he knew she was different from his girlfriend was her bangs, vanilla, and how serious she looked most of the time.

Apparently, Edolas Karissa preferred chocolate over vanilla. In fact, Edolas Karissa hated vanilla with every fiber of her being. She couldn't believe it.

Magic was also dying out in Edolas, because of that the king has banned the use of magic including the disbandment of all magical guilds. Lamia Scale went from a being magical guild to a merchant guild that used no magic, that was permitted.

"Lacrima." Karissa whispered to herself thoughtfully. "There's a lacrima in the capital... people from my world are their own source of magic power..." she was slowly coming to a conclusion that she didn't like. "Is it possible...?"

I really don't want to think that they all turned into a lacrima... but it might be possible because Mystogan said to save them. But... if they turned into lacrima... how am I supposed to help them? How do I revert them back to normal?

As Edolas Lyon watched Karissa just sitting there looking so conflicted, he raised an eyebrow when he got curious about something.

"Hey, how's snowball in Earthland?"

"Huh?"

"Gray Surge." Lyon leaned back on his hands, still sitting on the floor comfortably. "Or whatever he's called."

"He's called Gray Fullbuster."

"Sounds weird."

"Surge sounds even weirder. Fullbuster is a nice sounding last name." she defended with an impassive expression. At least her friend's last name wasn't a verb or a noun.

"Anyway," Lyon lolled his head to the side. "Am I better than him?"

"Well, you certainly like to try and prove that you are. The Lyon I know always wanted to be Ur's star pupil."

Lyon pursed his lips. "No, I meant, are you mine over there too?"

Karissa did a double take. Was he serious?

"You heard me." Lyon smirked as she kept staring at him like as if he opened his third eye. Here she was, talking about how she needed to save her friends while he just wanted to know her relationship with his parallel self.

"I'm no one's." Karissa sighed. She couldn't believe he was asking her that. But since this Lyon was from Edolas, she really didn't see any problem in telling him that she and Vastia were childhood sweethearts. Like, what was he going to do with this information? He couldn't blackmail her anyway. And to her surprise, he told her that she and Surge were actually childhood sweethearts in Edolas, the reverse.