Chapter 32: THE BANQUET

IF YOU'RE ENJOYING THE BOOK...PLEASE CONSIDER COMMENTING, VOTING, AND FOLLOWING! THANK YOU

:)

The prince's entrance grabs everyone's attention, as he's the one most of them have been waiting to see. Adelaide and Maria are by the corner, watching as he blends in immediately with the crowd; he was born to do this.

"It's become a part of him," Maria whispers to Adelaide who just nods, looking at the number of people that have crowded him already.

"He's gifted," she says, admiring her lover. Adelaide did not understand why Nicholas felt the need to talk about what she should expect at the ball until now. Looking at the women flocking all around him she believes his words that he has no eyes for them, however, she can't help but feel inferior. Is telling him about their child the right thing?

"It seems you haven't told him about it," Maria says, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"I will tell him after the banquet," she replies, her finger brushing against her womb.

"You came late to the banquet, your highness," one of the ladies says, her hand resting on his shoulder.

"I apologize Lady Piper. There was an important task I had to attend to," he replies, removing her hand, placing a kiss on it. The woman blushes, her free hand covering her mouth.

"Your highness, I heard about you and Grace of House Castille," another chimes in. Nicholas lets go of Piper's hand, looking at the lady with a smile. "Is that so? What did you actually hear?"

"Are you planning on marrying her?" the lady to his right side asks.

"Alright Ladies, I need to steal the prince for a moment, if you don't mind."

"Pardon me," Nicholas, gives them a dashing smile before walking off with his savior.

"You always come in handy brother."

"That will be 50 gold coins Prince Nicholas," James replies smiling. Both men, chuckle, standing by the buffet table.

"Chadwick has everyone's attention tonight."

"Only because they believe I'll get married to Grace if I don't pick a bride by the end of the year."

"Trying to 'save' you from her claws eh?" Nicholas shrugs, looking at the meals served at the table. Oh, Lord! He didn't even ask Adelaide if she was hungry after he took her. Her appetite is a lot bigger now, she must be starving.

Nicholas scans the hall carefully till he finds her by a corner with Maria. The two are just standing there like statues, their blinking signifying they are indeed human.

"I should have given her a meal. She likes all of this," Nicholas says to James, before looking back at the table.

James furrows his eyebrows looking at her, "She seems to be putting on a little weight," he comments, studying her carefully.

"I thought I was the only one that noticed. She also has a larger appetite now. I really don't mind," he shrugs, watching his friend.

"What is it?" Chadwick asks studying his friend's face.

"Has she been getting a little bit fatigued lately?"

"I don't really know, I'll have to ask Maria, why?"

"Nicholas, that girl could be pregnant."

The prince's heart rate accelerates, as he looks back at her, studying her body as well. She has been having mood swings, even yelling at him the first time was a complete shock. But even if she was, she would have told him. That's when his eyes widen, "She did say she was scared and really wanted to tell me something," he mutters to his friend, putting the pieces together.