Chapter 47: REGRET

Nicholas watches his lover dress up for the day. It seems she has gotten even more beautiful since she had their son...her glow is out of this world.

It has been 4 months since Adelaide gave birth to Nakoa and she was put on bed rest for a while. Now she is up and doing, taking care of their child by day, Nicholas covering the night shift. It seems too surreal for her...waking up to Nicholas by her side, having small talk about this and that, then turning their attention to their child once he's up. The woman got her chance to thank Charlene for saving her and her baby's life, even offering to do any work at all, but Charlene insisted that it was a great pleasure. It is clear that the princesses of Amaris cherish their brother so much. Charlotte has been hanging around often to play with Nakoa, Nako for short. She has fallen for the boy who already has his father's hair and eyes. James on the other hand has been running his town pretty well. As the heir to House Castille, his mother has allowed him to take and oversee everything.

Chadwick hugs Adelaide from behind, startling her. She lets out a soft sigh, feeling his lips against her skin. "Are you alright?" he asks, his hand tight around her waist.

The young woman nods, turning around to see him. "You got dressed early today, I hope Nako didn't keep you up for long," she says with a worried expression, caressing his cheek. He smiles, kissing her hand, "Everything is worth it princess...you on the other hand are looking rather ravishing this morning."

Adelaide smiles at his compliment, biting down on her lip. Nicholas closes the gap between their lips upon seeing her reaction, pulling her close against him. Addy responds to his kiss, opening her mouth giving him access to explore every corner. She wraps her hands around his neck, Nicholas's hands moving to squeeze her rear, earning a suppressed moan from her.

"Mmmmh!" they hear their baby stir. Nicholas groans, making Adelaide pull away from him, chuckling. 

Nakoa is wide awake on the bed as he raises his head and chest off it, looking for any sign of his parents that are behind him. The little boy is about to cry when he hears his mother's voice, "I'm right here, my love." The boy is quiet trying to turn to the voice. She walks around the bed, coming into the boy's vision. He lights up immediately, his mother mimicking him as she lifts him off the bed, into her arms.

She kisses his forehead, his father doing the same, the little boy looking around the room.

"Where are you going today?" she asks, turning her attention back to her lover.

"To see Charlene, she said she might have something for me to do."

Unlike most men, Nicholas is not afraid to ask his sister for help if he needs to. He has a family to feed and take care of now, and certainly won't depend on James to do those things for him.

She nods, watching as he puts on his footwear. Nicholas stands up with a smile, all three of them heading out the door. Adelaide walks Nicholas down the stairs, responding to every maid and servant greeting them. They walk outside, a servant holding Lady at the door, waiting for Nicholas.

He turns to Adelaide, pecking her lips, and kissing his son's head. "Take care, I'll be back soon."

"Be careful," she replies. Nicholas nods, mounting his horse, waving at them before riding off.

"Let's get you ready for the day," she tells her baby, heading back inside. James is speaking to some noblemen in the garden when he sees Adelaide walking towards him. He dismisses them immediately, smiling at her and her son.

"Adelaide! What brings you here? Come sit." The woman bows in respect before taking a seat beside him.

James smiles at Nakoa who returns his smile, giggling at the funny faces he makes. Adelaide smiles at what she sees before starting, "I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation."