Chapter 41: CASTLE CHAPEL

The queen comports herself, though she cannot help but feel scared because of the way her son is looking at her.

"Where is she?" he asks, his sword ready. The queen glares back at him, "Who are you-"

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Nicholas yells at her, veins everywhere from top to bottom.

"You will mind the tone you use with me, son." Nicholas chuckles darkly, before his eyes land on Grace, who cowers behind the queen.

"I will kill you," he says to the Lady, whose heart pounds in fear.

"Nicholas, that bastard in her womb is not yours."

"YOU DARE CALL MY FLESH AND BLOOD A BASTARD?!"

The queen ignores him, swallowing hard.  "You will forget that woman immediately, she will be punished for her crimes."

"Don't touch her."

"Seize the prince, let him stay locked up, away from that slave."

"I will kill anyone that dares to stop me," he warns.

The guards there are a bit hesitant.

"I SAID SEIZE HIM!"

The men charge, Prince Nicholas lunging forward, dodging the first attack, slicing the man's leg before blocking a sword aiming at his face, twisting it, and stabbing the man.

"I SAID SEIZE NOT KILL HIM!" the queen yells, but one by one, Queen Mira watches in shock as her son takes all of them apart. She looks up at the archer in the trees who nods at her, immediately firing an arrow through his right arm, disarming him. The prince gives the archer a deadly glare before pulling the arrow out of his arm.  He grabs one of the spears on the floor from one of the guards he defeated, lunging it at the archer which pierces through his chest, the man falling down immediately.

More guards emerge from behind, the prince smirking before attacking them. Grace always knew Nicholas was skilled in battle, his body said it all, but she never knew he was this good! This is probably why he has the respect of the king's army.

The Lady of Castille cannot help but feel frightened as Nicholas is still taking out the guards even with his injured and bloody arm!

The queen looks up again, raising her hand at the second archer who fires two arrows hitting the prince's arms, the guards immediately seizing him. Nicholas struggles against the guards, almost freeing himself when one of them hits his head hard with the back of his sword, knocking him unconscious.

Both Queen Mira and Lady Grace let out a breath they didn't know they held in. "Make sure he is held hostage till tomorrow is over, and treat his wounds. Hurry, he doesn't stay unconscious for long." The guards get to work immediately as she walks back inside the castle and up to her room, throwing everything all over the place in frustration.

"That woman must die!"

Grace slowly makes her way up the stairs and down the halls but is suddenly grabbed and banged against the wall. She gasps looking to see James holding his arm over her neck, any small move from him and she snaps her neck. Charlotte is beside him, glaring at her.

"Tell me one reason why I shouldn't kill you Grace," James says, pressing his arm against her neck, choking her. The Lady struggles against her brother trying to speak. Charlotte taps her lover, the man releasing his grip.

She gasps, coughing, taking in oxygen, holding her neck. "You would kill your own sister?"

"Only because you would do the same, 'step' sister."