Chapter 1: THE PRINCE OF AMARIS

To prevent unnecessary frustration as you read this book, PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE TIME PERIOD AND SITUATIONS SURROUNDING THE CHARACTERS.

HAVEN'T GONE BACK TO REVIEW THE TYPOS AND GRAMMAR ERROS...I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE. 😭

This chapter is dedicated to AshoftheMeadow, Ressy159, romanceonlyplease, and Amicablexenia. I love you guys so much! They're the pioneer readers, voters, and commenters of SAYA. THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO  for the new cover! I love you so much! ♥

JOIN THE DISCORD, LET'S GROW OUR FAMILY!

https://discord.gg/BeG8ezQZDd

"Your highness, please! The king and queen will have our heads if you do not get up this instant!" a woman dressed in black and green begs a young man glued to the bed. He is either still enjoying his sleep or feels the need for these women in his room to leave. A large bouncy bed sits in the middle of the room. To the left is a large window with a large wooden closet, to the side. It is filled with the most expensive shoes and clothes the women in the room could only dream of. Gold and silver jewelry sits on the dresser by the other side of the window. A few feet in front of the bed are well-furnished chairs surrounding a table. The deep green colored cloth dressing the table, adds to its aesthetic value. By the opposite end of the room, behind the divider is a golden tub. To think that all these belong to just one person in this time and age is mind-blowing, but deep down, Prince Nicholas wants none of it.

The well-polished, door barges open, all the maids bow immediately, their hearts pounding so hard, it seems their ears might explode. In walks a woman in her late forties, the fabric she's wearing, one of the most expensive, and sewn to perfection. Her high cheekbones and round eyes demand authority, everywhere she goes. The light wrinkles on her face are as good as invisible until you look at her closely. A beauty that does not look a day over forty. Her brunette hair is pulled up into a bun, the shiny gold crown on her head, giving her status away.

"Son, you shall not embarrass us again! The Princess of Kusher is here," she says, tapping her son's back. The young man finally turns to her upon hearing the sniffles from her crocodile tears, he better just get this over with.

"I'm up mother," his hoarse voice lacking flavor.

The queen smiles, dabbing her eyes with her handkerchief as she watches her son, heading to the tub. "I promise that Princess Cara is certainly the one for you," she says tracing his steps. The prince turns around, his eyes meeting hers in disdain.

"Oh don't give me that look! Hurry and come, everyone is waiting for you," she smiles again, before heading towards the door. She stops in her tracks, turning her head towards the maids that are still bowing their heads. "It seems you have, yet again, failed in your duties. Shall I have your heads removed?" her voice, a clear contrast from before.

"Mother!" Nicholas calls, in annoyance, from the tub. "I was only joking, my love!" she coos, glaring at them before heading out of the room.

An hour later, the prince is ready. He looks at his reflection in the mirror, trying to fix his face, this mask he wears in this castle is such a burden.

"You look amazing, your highness," one of the women says, bringing him out of his thoughts. "Thank you, Maria, I appreciate it."

Nicholas takes one last look at his appearance, he does look a bit approachable, and even though his mind is everywhere but the event he's to attend, he goes out the doors anyway because he has something to look forward to.